website statistics

Beach Volleyball Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

5 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

Coupe Continental Europe Women's :NED Quota Olympic

Heuh? They are still on the court. :NED only won the first match yet.

Now it's final. :NED won both matches against :CZE and wins the Olympic quota.

However, both :NED don't meet the internal Dutch criteria, so this quota will be reallocated. Don't really know why the Dutch teams participated. Before the tournament they knew there was no chance to go to the Olympics. Better they played another tournament for prizemoney.

The Dutch Volleybal Federation is going plead the case of sending a team anyway with our Olympic Committee. Seems to me they should have done that before entering a team in this competition. The OC tends to be very strict, so hard to see they are going to make an exception this time. 

2 hours ago, Noorderling29 said:

The Dutch Volleybal Federation is going plead the case of sending a team anyway with our Olympic Committee. Seems to me they should have done that before entering a team in this competition. The OC tends to be very strict, so hard to see they are going to make an exception this time. 

NOC*NSF sets a precedent if they allow one of these pairs to go. I don't think they want to do that, they didn't make exceptions in the past.

Ofcourse I hope they will send Piersma/Bekhuis eventually; both players are still young and have an exceptional service.