website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Medal Count

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

The one country that always misses from the first half of the Games and you look for it in the medal table - Germany :d 

Yes, thanks to being weak in swimming and judo. Quite funny that even the swimming/judo events where Germany is best only come at the end of the week (Wellbrock in the 1500 free, Wagner in judo).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

Yes, thanks to being weak in swimming and judo. Quite funny that even the swimming/judo events where Germany is best only come at the end of the week (Wellbrock in the 1500 free, Wagner in judo).

Nothing surprising, Games start from now for Germany and the climb to top 6 by end.

4 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Nothing surprising, Games start from now for Germany and the climb to top 6 by end.

Yes, sadly. I hope that it will change a bit in 2024, where Germany will hopfully do better in men's/women's 400 free (thanks to Märtens/Gose). 3 years is a long time, so who knows what the situation will look like then (sadly i have no hope for german fencing).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

This is quite depressing. I think that it's the 5th fourth place for us. 

Would have been nice to have 2 germans on the podium.

I have a bit of a "break" while the dressage is happening in the background, so I wanted to compare our current situation to what we had at the previous Games since 2004 after Day 4 (we don't have any medal chances left for today). 

2004: 1-1-1 (1-1-0 in fencing, 0-0-1 in swimming)

2008: 0-1-0 (0-1-0 in swimming)

2012: 1-1-1 (1-0-0 in fencing, 0-1-1 in judo)

2016: 4-1-1 (3-0-1 in swimming, 1-1-0 in fencing)

2020: 1-1-0 (1-1-0 in fencing)

So yeah, not much worse than Athens and London so far, Rio was more of an anomaly, we started really strong thanks to Hosszú (after Hosszú's events it was a mostly disappointing SOG for us with the exception of women's kayak). 

Now if only we could repeat what we did in Athens and London in later days, apart from the three medals lost due to doping in 2004, ofc. We got Milák, just like Gyurta in 2012, but we don't have other big favorites like Berki in men's pommel horse and Pars in men's hammer throw. 

2 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

I think we are tied with :HUN so far, but two more bronze medal matches are coming up, so Hungary will need to step up

Hey, don't take this away from us! You already got the lowest gold/total medal ratio to be "proud of". :p