website statistics

European Games 2019

uk12points

5 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Is there an english link for opening ceremony ? it'll come at the same time of opening ceremony of CAN 2019 , but i'll try to watch both :d

Maybe Olympic Channel, if not IDK

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Good first day for our boxers. By the luck of the draw, all 3 matches we had today were against Azerbaijan and we got 2 wins. :) And the one defeat was in a close split decision, which could have gone either way. I'm not expecting fireworks, but 2-3 medals from the men would be a success.

Some of explanation of what we’ll see (via ITG):

OK. I'm putting this out there. A word from the Ceremony organisers. More than one, to be fair...

"There is a legend that, at Kupalle, deep in the forest, just for a short time, a fern blooms. According to superstition, whoever finds this flower will know all the secrets of the world: they will begin to understand the language of plants and animals, will find hidden treasures, and will be able to look into the past and the future. 

"We want to reimagine the beautiful legend of the fern flower for the twenty-first century. We see it as a metaphor for the desire for one’s cherished dream —a daring idea that gives one strength and kindles a fire in one’s heart. 

"The mythical flower can make the most longed-for dreams and desires come true. But only those who come through every trial, who are valiant and pure in heart, will find it. 

"We suggest setting out together in search of the fern flower and understanding the message the ancient legend has for each of us."

So there we have it.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela