website statistics
Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018
Posted
hace 53 minutos, thepharoah said:

Guys for doubles from the same country if they win medal for their country , the medal will be counted to the country or also mixed NOC ? 

There isn't official table but in Wikipedia at least they are counting medals for a nation (in events which also involve mixed teams) as long as the team is only made up by nationals. I suppose tennis doubles will be the same.

Posted
hace 50 minutos, OlympicsFan said:

how many medallists in swimming/athletics from here would have won medals at the 2014 youth olympic games with their performances? Probably not many ...

Well, I compared the gold medalists in swimming and 2018 "wins" 19-16. We will see athletics.

Posted
hace 1 minuto, intoronto said:

Both you and @konig have difference answers lol 

My answer is the right one :d konig tried to say the same as me but didn't pick the right words.

Posted
hace 5 minutos, intoronto said:

Is the Gymnastics venue sharing with weightlifting?

No, both are in olympic park but in different places. Gymnastics is in "America pavilion", Weightlifting in "Europe Pavilion".

Posted

It made no sense to play without keeper after 3-1. They were so obsessed about first place in the group that now they will probably lose everything.

But oh well, one lost medal chance doesn't matter because we had almost perfect day in every other sport :cheer:

Posted
hace 34 minutos, Olympian1010 said:

So I believe the Argentine channels Deportv and Publico TV broadcasted some weightlifting and canoe today, but I would an Argentine user to confirm. If there was coverage (however little) I will try to get a recording for the Replay list

I have no idea, I haven't followed those channels too much. Compared to tyc sports those channels just follow the official broadcast a lot more (tyc sports take their own cameras to events that don't have official broadcast whenever there is an argentinian athlete).

Posted

Some sailing windsurf results: 

Boys 

:GRE Gold

:ITA Silver

:GBR Bronze

Girls

:ITA Gold

:FRA Silver

:RUS Bronze

Two 4th places for Israel.

Nacra will have medal race tomorrow and :ARG leads by 10 points. Only a 6th place or lower could prevent winning the gold.

Posted
hace 1 minuto, intoronto said:

That's what it is. 70m is used at the Olympics

I may have misheard though, because in spanish 60 and 70 sound similar ("sesenta" and "setenta"). Sorry in the case i was wrong :p

Posted
hace 3 minutos, intoronto said:

I found the scores for the boys to be quite high. For ex. the Sri Lankan archers on was 630, and he got 667 in qualification? 

Oh, you mean that. I heard on tv that the target distance is 60m (is that the usual? no idea) but I have no idea how many arrows they shoot though.

Posted (edited)
hace 8 minutos, intoronto said:

Are the archery competition rules the same as at the Olympics?

Why you ask? 

From what I see the individual events are the same as always.

Edited by LDOG

Posted
hace 7 minutos, nitinsanker said:

Loving the reinvention of hockey ..... hockey5s is such fun , faster quicker, emphasis is on skills of stick work , dribbling rather than getting penalties 

I don't like the use of boards. Many of the less skilled teams just bash the ball forward hoping one of their players will sprint to the ball faster and get a lucky goal. Usain Bolt could become a great hockey player with that.

Posted
hace 12 minutos, uk12points said:

Yeah I've got that wrong, thought it was just BMX racing that was mixed teams. So no medals just for women but Germany, Argentina and Japan are the only countries that can now win medals in the mixed team event anyway!

The color if medals will probably not change either, the german boy is very superior to the rest and the argentinian boy is also clear second :p

Posted
hace 4 minutos, uk12points said:

In the new BMX Freestyle event that will debut in Tokyo :GER Germany have just won gold in the Women's event, :ARG silver, :JPN Japan bronze.

In our tv they talk like it's a mixed event, that is, that the scored of the boy and girl of each country is added and there is one set of medals to be awarded.

Posted
hace 21 minutos, dareza said:

and we have chance only for two more (Crevar at 400 freestyle in swimming and one in karate). But i'm not sure that we will win both :d One would be great.

What is her PB in 400?  

Our swimmer who usually has under 4:10 is injured, so I think she could fall from the podium.

Posted
hace 3 minutos, thiago_simoes said:

I remember you writing that Brazil was doing terrible during the first week of the 2016 Olympics, and now Argentina has not had luck in the first few days so far... Is this a curse for South American Olympic hosts? 

Maybe it is. So far all 50/50 stuff hasn't gone in our favor. 

Buuut, deeper cause is probably economic strain and cuts in sport funding.

Posted
Ahora, heywoodu said:

This actually seems to work pretty well and I see there's a whole bunch of other videos and live streams as well there :yikes: 

Muchos gracias :cheer:

Yes, but you must know that this channel heavily focuses on argentinian performances. So, if there isn't one of our own in a competition, there is little chance they show it.

Posted
Ahora, heywoodu said:

Same question about the rowing :p 

I'm asking because if there was no stream (meaning there won't be a video on demand replay neither) I'll check the results, but else I'll wait so I can watch spoiler-free :d 

There is no official stream for rowing. However, the channel that has rights here (tyc sports) broadcasted the finals today with their own cameras (and will also broadcast tomorrow because there are good argentinian chances).