website statistics
23 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Eternal negativity guru is on his way to lose.

I thought he was very positive tonight....

Interviewer: "Can you sum up your thoughts?"

RVB: silence

Interviewer: "Can you tell us what's going on in your head right now?"

RVB: "Nothing"

Interviewer: "And do you have a word for the fans here tonight who have followed you loyally for your whole darting career?"

RVB: "I played really badly"

Interviewer: "You will be able to look back on your career and say that you did something special in the world of darts",

RVB: "Did I?"

Interviewer: "There's 4 BDO World Titles, there was the greatest ever game we ever saw in the Circus Tavern in 2007, Premier League Finals, Grand Slam of Darts"

RVB: "I lost first round. In my disaster year, I will never forgive myself. Never ever"

Cricket Discussion Thread
Posted
37 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

How do scores work? I see scores like 211/6 and I always think "what the hell is this supposed to mean?"

In this specific example, 211 / 6 simply means that during their innings the batting team scored 211 runs and lost 6 batsmen during the innings.

So the number on the left refers to the number of runs scored (211) and the number on the right means the number of players dismissed (6).

Men's Rugby WR World Cup 2019
Posted

South Africa were beyond awful today and would have loved to see Wales in the final. England should have their second Webb Ellis win next weekend.

But..... South Africa have the potential to beat England, but they need to play light years better than they showed here today.

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well, I’ve been building the venues, but the “If you build it, they will come” mentality isn’t working. I haven’t found enough, or really any players, interested in doing a Minecraft Olympic Games play-through. So it’s time for some ingenuity and creative thinking. I’ve come up with a way to have a 2020 Minecraft Winter YOG simulation. I’m going to use the in-game CPUs to play the sports. The games will be fully broadcasted in OBS/IBGS style on YouTube. I will also have qualification systems, results, and other information available. Anyone can follow along or make suggestions. I’m sure their aren’t many people in this community, or any community, that are interested in this, but a little feedback and suggestions/opinions wouldn’t hurt. 

I would like some opinions as to the following:

A) All countries are eligible to qualify for the games

B) Only countries with Totallympics members can qualify for the games

If anyone would like to help in any way, I’d love to work on the project together. For example, ifs there’s any artists or graphic designers on the forum who’d like to a crack at making some winter sports pictograms; I’d love to feature your designs. If anyone would like to make up qualification systems; I’d love your input. If anyone would to help results documents, etc: I’d love to work with you. If anyone has another service or skill they’d like to provide; I’d gladly except your help.

This is a project I’ve been working on for years, and I’d hate to see my work and dedication go to waste. I know it’s rather dumb and childish, but it makes me happy and helps me drown out the negative parts of life and that’s what’s important. Plus, I just think it would be cool to try and though a mini multi-sport games recreation. 

I don’t think I can be of any help and I don’t have Minecraft either but good luck for your project, it seems like a fun idea :yes

Posted
Just now, heywoodu said:

From Canada to Japan and from the US to South Korea :p 

I doubt anyone from Australia would have been cheering New Zealand to beat Ireland either, so it really isn't like fans care about that fake rivalry. Only some nations seem to care.

Posted
Just now, heywoodu said:

Huh, learn something every day. On the bright side, that makes it a hell of a lot easier to always have someone to cheer for, when your own nation is out, and you run out of nations in your own continent, just look at your own one half of the world :d 

Yeah, because the northern hemisphere are cheering for England :p:rolleyes:

Posted
11 minutes ago, Nickyc707 said:

SA v Wales should be another great semi-final.

It should be, Wales are always good value for money when it comes to big games. But I think South Africa will just have enough for them.

I think South Africa's defence is the only thing that could stand between England and winning the title.

Wales I don't think have any chance of beating this England team but South Africa could be a very tricky prospect for England.... but I will always support my Celtic brethren, so good luck tomorrow Wales :WAL:cheer: