3 hours ago, KhanBeaver said:

Men's team Russia :RUS

Setters: Sergey Grankin, Igor Kobzar

Opposites: Maxim Mikhaylov, Konstantin Bakun

Outside Hitters: Sergey Tetyukhin, Egor Kliuka, Dmitriy Volkov

Middle: Alexander Volkov, Artem Volvich, Andrey Ashchev

Libero: Alexey Verbov, Artem Ermakov

Very big problems with outside hitters:(

Stupid injures :cry: :Muserskiy, Divish, Berezhko, Butko. And Markin out due to meldonium case.

thanks for the announcement could you please tell me your source, i couldn't find anything

8 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

I just looked on FIVB site, and now suddenly for quarter finals it says a2/a3 vs b2/b3, do i misunderstand something or there will be drawing of lots for the quarter finals for the second and third ranked teams?

yes it seems 2 matches in quarterfinal determine by draw because of betting programs , fivb wants to prevent predictable format, (one of their few good works!)

i'm not sure but i guess they did the same for the last 2 olympics

On 7/13/2016 at 22:43, amiry2j said:

:IRI IRAN MEN'S TEAM :IRI

Setters:

Saeed Marouf

Mehdi Mahdavi

Opposite Spiker:

Shahram Mahmoudi 

Amir Ghafour

Outside Hitters:

Milad Ebadipour 

Farhad Ghaemi 

Hamzeh Zarini 

mojtaba mirzaanpour

Middle-Blockers:

Mohammad Mousavi 

Adel Gholami 

Mostafa Sharifat 

Libero:

Mahdi Marandi

ps: this list could be change due to critical injuries situation we have, if one of the opposites injured mirzajanpour would be replace

no zarif- mirza - tashakori and mobasheri till now

new update

as i expected they cut manavinejad and added mirzajanpour

:IRI IRAN MEN'S TEAM :IRI

Setters:

Saeed Marouf

Mehdi Mahdavi

Opposite Spiker:

Shahram Mahmoudi 

Amir Ghafour

Outside Hitters:

Milad Ebadipour 

Farhad Ghaemi 

Hamzeh Zarini 

Mohammadjavad Manavinezhad

Middle-Blockers:

Mohammad Mousavi 

Adel Gholami 

Mostafa Sharifat 

Libero:

Mahdi Marandi

ps: this list could be change due to critical injuries situation we have, if one of the opposites injured mirzajanpour would be replace

no zarif- mirza - tashakori and mobasheri till now

:USAUSA MEN'S TEAM :USA

Setters:

Micah Christenson

Kawika Shoji

Opposite Spiker:

Matthew Anderson

Murphy Troy

Outside Hitters:

Taylor Sander

William Priddy

Aaron Russell

Thomas Jaeschke

Middle-Blockers:

Maxwell Holt

David Lee

David Smith

Libero:

Erik Shoji

Volleyball 2016 Discussion Thread
Posted (edited)

CRAZY FIVB WORLD LEAGUE 2016  RANKING CRITERIA!!!

i know it's really rare to happen this situation, but i wonder to know what the hell are those smarty in fivb doing?! you know based on this 2016 format. every team in level1 play 9 matches and would be considered in a table consisting of 12 teams which means they wouldn't play with all of the team in the table. look at criteria number 5! what if two teams with the same situation in criteria 1-4 which didn't play together ends up in criteria 5 example could be iran and france which don't play together in Intercontinental round and they placed both in 6th, what would they do on that case! at least they could add criteria 6 (draw)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RANKING SYSTEM

In order to establish the ranking of teams, the following criteria should be implemented.

1) By the number of victories (match won, match lost) among teams of the same pool or group.

2) In case of equality in the number of victories the tiebreaker will be by the points gained by each team per match as follows

Match won 3-0; 3-1 3 points
Match won 3-2 2 points
Match lost 2-3 1 point
Match lost 0-3; 1-3 0 points
Match forfeited 0 points (25-0, 25-0, 25-0)

3) Set Quotient – In the case of equality in the number of points gained by two or several teams, they will be classified in descending order by the set quotient resulting from the division of the number of all sets won by the number of all sets lost

4) Points quotient – If the tie persists as per the set quotient, the teams will be classified in descending order by the points quotient resulting from the division of all points scored by the total of points lost during all sets.

5) If the tie continues as per the point quotient between two teams, the priority will be given to the team which won the last match between them.

When the tie in point quotient is between three or more teams a new classification of these teams will be made taking into consideration only the matches in which they opposed to each other.

SOURCE

Edited by amiry2j

23 hours ago, LDOG said:

What I mean is, if the intercontinental tournament would be, instead of Mexico, Chile, Tunisia and Algeria, let's say... Australia, Venezuela, Canada and Tunisia it wouldn't be that bad, right?

still suck.

these teams should improve themselves in the world league not during the olympic.

fair qualification is sth like handball qualification, really nothing is wrong with that qualification

if it's up to me. i get rid of fivb world cup as soon as possible but i knew they want to hold tournament more and more.

so based on the situation it's fair we have this format.

1- fivb world championship gold medalist should directly qualify to the olympic (1 quota)

2- fivb world cup gold medalist also qualify to the olympic and fivb world cup format should change to round-robin and elimination stage consisting of 12 teams. 2nd  fivb world championships medalist and 1st and 2nd of each confederation championships not top ranked team+host (1 quota)

3-top teams from each separate confederation qualification should directly qualify to the oylmpic (5 quota)

and 2nd and 3rd qualify for world olympic qualification

4- in world olympic qualification we should have 2nd-3rd-4th-5th-6th-7th(both)-9th(both) which means 9 teams from world championships + 2nd and 3rd continental qualification which mean 10 teams and another one could be wild card or best teams which has under 30 ranking still don't qualify for WOQT so we have 20 team in world olympic qualification with 4 groups each group has five team , it could 16 teams with 4 group and each group has four team (4 quota)

5- host

Edited by amiry2j

Iran announced wide roster for Olympic qualification tournament

Setters

• Saeid Marouf
  • Mehdi Mahdavi
  • Alireza Behboodi

Opposites

• Amir Ghafour
  • Shahram Mahmoudi
  • Amin Alavi

Middle blockers

• Seyed Mohammad Mousavi
  • Adel Gholami
  • Armin Tshakkori
  • Mostafa Sharifat
  • Saman Faezi

Outside Hitters

• Milad Ebadipour
  • Farhad Ghaemi
  • Mohammad Javad Maanavinejad
  • Alireza Mobasheri
  • Hamzeh Zarrini
  • Rahman Davoudi
  • Mojtaba Mirzajanpour

Liberos

• Farhad Zarif
  • Mehdi Marandi

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and they have two friendly matches against france at may 13th & 14th.

the roster for these matches

setter: marouf and mahdavi

opposites: mahmoudi and ghafour

oh: zarini,ghaemi,ebadipour,mirzajanpour

middle blockers: mousavi,gholami,tashakori,sharfat

liberos: zarif,marandi

hi to everyone in totallympics and i should thank sindo for the new forum, it's cool :yes

anyway about Russia's situation. two  point of view should be discussed, first since markin's test positive in OQT , FIVB should make decision whether disqualify all of the team or not in this scenario i don't think they want to disqualified Olympic gold medalists for one positive sample.

but on the larger scale in point of view 2, sth like systematic doping issue seems to happened and maybe that would make IOC sensitive about russian doping cases and take serious action about this. besides we should consider some kind of semi-political sportive challenge between superpowers like Russia and USA (started from FIFA WC hosting) could effect on the situation.