website statistics
30 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Qualifying through this is vital for us, as I don't think we'll get anyone through the individual qualifiers. 

There will be a fair few spots available through the world team rankings. I expect 3-4 already qualified teams to make the last 8 here. Which will make 5-6 spots available through Team rankings. Teams that can’t make to QF here will look to qualify via ranking route, unless we have major upsets here & lower ranked teams qualify. 

9 minutes ago, Josh said:

Quota/Start List Simulation (Including projected start lists, obviously for nations like China it’ll probably be way off due to their depth)

Simulation is based off of the ITTF World Rankings. All the different Asian quotas are quite confusing to me, and it’s very much possible I got something wrong, please feel free to correct me if needed. 

Men’s Team

Host Nation: :FRA France (Felix Lebrun, Alexis Lebrun, Simon Gauzy)

Oceania Quota: :AUS Australia (Nicolas Lum, Aditya Sareen, Finn Luu)

Asian Quota: :CHN China (Fan Zhendong, Wang Chuqin, Ma Long)

European Quota: :SWE Sweden (Anton Kallberg, Truls Moregard, Matthias Falck)

Pan American Quotas: :BRA Brazil (Hugo Calderano, Vitor Ishiy, Guilherme Teodoro), :CAN Canada (Eugene Wang, Edward Ly, Jeremy Hazin)

African Quota: :EGY Egypt (Omar Assar, Ahmed Saleh, Mohammed El-Beiali)

World Championships Quotas: :GER Germany (Dang Qiu, Dimitrij Ovtcharov, Patrick Franziska), :KOR South Korea (Jang Woojin, Lim Jonghoon, Lee Sang Su), :JPN Japan (Shunsuke Togami, Sora Matsushima, Tomokazu Harimoto), :POR Portugal (Marco Freitas, Joao Geraldo, Tiago Apolonia), :TPE Chinese Taipei (Kao Cheng-Jui, Chuang Chih-Yuan, Lin Yun-Ju), :HKG Hong Kong (Wong Chun-Ting, Lam Siu Hang, Chan Baldwin), :SLO Slovenia (Deni Kozul, Darko Jorgic, Peter Hribar), :CRO Croatia (Tomislav Pucar, Andrej Gacina, Filip Zeljko)

World Rankings Quota: :GBR Great Britain (Liam Pitchford, Paul Drinkhall, Tom Jarvis)

Men’s Singles 

African Quotas: :NGR Nigeria (Quadri Aruna), :ALG Algeria (Mehdi Bouloussa), :SEN Senegal (Ibrahima Diaw), :MAD Madagascar (Antoine Razafinarivo)

Central Asia Quota: :KAZ Kazakstan (Kirill Gerassimenko)

East Asia Quota: :SGP Singapore (Izaac Quek)

South Asia Quota: :IND India (Harmeet Desai)
Southeast Asia Quota: :MAS Malaysia (Javen Choong)

European Quotas: :DEN Denmark  (Jonathan Groth), :ESP Spain (Alvaro Robles), :ROU Romania (Eduard Ionescu), :BEL Belgium (Martin Allegro)

Latin America Quotas: :CHI Chile (Nicolas Burgos), :CUB Cuba (Andy Pereira), :PUR Puerto Rico (Brian Alfanador), :MEX Mexico (Marcos Madrid)

North America Quota: :USA United States (Ma Jinbao)

Oceania Quota: :NZL New Zealand (Alfred Dela Pena)

West Asia Quota: :IRI Iran (Noshad Alamiyan)

World Ranking Quotas: :AUT Austria (Daniel Habesohn), :SVK Slovakia (Lubomir Pistej), :ITA Italy (Mihai Bobocica), :CZE Czech Republic (Lubomir Jancarik), :POL Poland (Jakub Dyjas), :ARG Argentina (Santiago Lorenzo), :CGO Congo (Saheed Idowu), :FIN Finland (Benedek Olah), :HUN Hungary (Bence Majoros), :GRE Greece (Panagiotis Gionis), :PAR Paraguay (Marcelo Aguirre), :ECU Ecuador (Alberto Mino), :LUX Luxembourg (Luke Mladenovic), :RSA South Africa (Luke Abrahams), :CIV Cote D’Ivorie (Oba Kizito Oba)

Universality Quota: ?

I would suggest you wait till the World team championships due to be held next month before simulating the individual qualifiers. 8 places are up for grabs & going by previous editions some upsets are bound to happen . I am hoping :IND would qualify a team in both men’s & Women’s or at least  in one of the categories. 
We are ranked 16th in the world in men’s & 17th in Women’s, its perfectly possible for us to qualify. 
Infact for Tokyo olympics, the championship was held in Portugal & our men’s team were one of the favourites for the quota but lost in a shock result. 

Hopefully after the world team championships it will be easier to simulate the entries. 

1 minute ago, vinipereira said:

Quota goes to :CAN actually. Of the three teams with one win (the others being :CHI and :PUR) they had the best match difference.

Don't know how Chile lost so easily to Puerto Rico, and then today gave a hard time to both Brazil and Canada. They're coming for multiple medals at the Pan Am Games, I think...

:CAN Won 1 match (3-0) , lost 2-3 & 0-3 

:CHI Won 1 match ( 3-2) but lost 2-3 & 1-3 

:PUR Won 1 match (3-1) but lost both matches 0-3 . 

It should be :CHI winning the quota , isn’t it? 

Theoretically yes, but the only strong team among those 4 is :BRA 

They will almost certainly get the quota here , the other 3 are not ranked high enough to get the quota place by ranking . Even getting a quota at world team championships will be tough for them. This is their best opportunity to get that quota with :USA going out in the QF stage. 

Why would they have round robin after QF in a knockout format? 
Very strange way to conduct a championship perhaps the only confederation with a round robin format.

The 2 quotas are justified as ITTF previously had a North American & South American confederation, which offered a single quota each. 
So by merging the two confederation into 1 they kept the same quota place. 
ITTF must think about merging Oceania with Asia/Africa like some sports do, that way :AUS will need to earn their quota place rather than getting a free quota and Asia/Africa teams will get to fight for an additional quota place. 

11 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

What happens, if France wins the tournament, which I think is possible at least for the men? They have a young and strong team. Will the quota go to the finalist or will it be distributed by the World Ranking?

It will be distributed via world team rankings , which will be updated just after the world team championships in Busan, next year. This is as per the qualification document released by ITTF. 

D6C25CC1-59F6-4FB4-B1B5-1360E395AFDC.jpeg