website statistics
1 hour ago, Book said:

Hello all!

I'm Book. A long time fan of the Olympics but only recently started lurking on this forum, looking for qualification updates. Thought I'd pop in and start talking now, seems like a fun crowd.

I'm from the US, born in Los Angeles and spent most of my life in Oregon, now living in Massachusetts. My first memories of sports was at a rec center built as part of a parks initiative of the 1984 games. After getting the Olympic bug in 2008 I convinced my parents to drive me up to Vancouver in 2010 where we stayed in Canada just long enough to see the first two heats of 2 man bobsleigh. I was luckily able to get some tickets to Football, Athletics, Rhythmic Gymnastics, and Modern Pentathlon for Paris, so my Olympic hype is at an all time high right now. Looking for some sport climbing tickets still.

On the forum I hope to be a resident expert on US Track and Field trials and LA 2028 planning, anything Olympics on the US west coast I'll chat to anyone about. 

Welcome, welcome! Always nice to have another Angeleño around :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, danknel said:

Hi Group,

I wasn't sure where best to post so thought I would chuck it in here.

I'm new to this forum from the mighty GB. I just wanted to say how much I rate this page and was blown away by the work that has gone into making it what it is today.

I have a love for virtually all summer Olympic sports and have been checking in regularly to see how the shape up for Paris is looking.

If there is anything I can do to help out let me know.

Welcome to the forum!

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Totallympics Introduction Thread
Posted

Before the Pan American Games begin, I'd like to extend a hearty Totallympics welcome to a pair of new Pan American users @MatiReimundo @rapguacu :bye:

10 hours ago, Sindo said:

What exactly do you need to do?

Change the width/length of cells. Change the font size and color. Change the background color of cells. Change the strength of the table border.

Test Thread
Posted
28 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Before I couldn't see it, now I can

Yeah, not too worried about spoilers. All you guys will learn at the moment is that I suck at tables :p

Test Thread
Posted

^ Can anyone see that? I want to make sure it’s hidden. Not trying to give any accidental spoilers.

Test Thread
Posted (edited)

This post has been hidden. Only the user who posted it is able to see the content

Edited by Olympian1010

Posted
4 hours ago, El Analyzer said:

Was amazing and magical feeling.. returning back from school to watch summary of the day (😍

That’s how Vancouver 2010 was for me. I still remember staying up much later than I was normally allowed so I could watch Vonn take gold in the women’s downhill.

I also have a very fond memory of getting home from school just in time to catch the cross country skiing sprint finals.

Posted

As the appointed official greeter…

By the power invested in me, I proclaim @El Analyzer and @Bulgaria87 “Totallympians.” You may argue with the trolls now :bones:

Posted
9 minutes ago, El Analyzer said:

Mad about Olympics since I was 6 yrs (will let you guess which Olympics was that😜)

1896? :p

Posted
5 minutes ago, Fer GUA said:

thanks! I will read about it, this year version is over already?

The spring one, yes. We’ll have an “older songs” version in the fall :d

Don’t worry too much about it, there will be posts around the time of the contest. 

Posted
29 minutes ago, Fer GUA said:

Thank you @Olympian1010! I have been following Olympic Games and other regional multi sport events since the 80s.  Great to find this forum and members. 

I am from Guatemala and live in Antigua Guatemala. Hello to everybody!!

Oh, cool. I had a classmate in university that had family from Antigua Guatemala. She did a presentation on the city once. It looked beautiful.

I’m assuming it has to do with a recent update, but is there anything that can be done about the massive amount of dead space on posts now? 

Posted (edited)

I wanted to extend a formal Totallympics welcome to @RiderJake :cycling::hatoff:

Hope to see you around the forum!

Edited by Olympian1010

Posted
10 minutes ago, owenp_23 said:

Hey everyone, I found this site not too long ago and knew I had to join in. I am a fan of all kinds of sports and enjoy keeping track of whoʻs qualified for the Olympics throughout the process.

You should fit right in then :yes