website statistics
Just now, dcro said:

NZ is up next... Certainly the best hope yet for Italy to get on board.

Also for us to get some points. We are officially dead in this contest we won't get any from NZ, I think they have always given us some since we returned in 2019, even when we finished 34th. 

5 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

The worrying thing from my point of view is that I thought the first session might be the only half good voting session for Ireland in this edition :d 

The aim is to break the 20 point barrier this contest :p 

Same here with 17 points. I think this was supposed to be Hungary's best session based on the countries that voted. Not a good sign for the future. :d

oficiální logo.png
live standing (after 9/41 jury)
        1 :CRO Croatia   38       +3  22 :EGY Egypt 5 17      
+5 2 :GRE Greece 11 37 +3 23 :MDA Moldova 4 16
-1 3 :UKR Ukraine   37 -3 24 :CAN Canada   15
-1 4 :NED Netherlands   31 -3 25 :LTU Lithuania   13
+8 5 :MLT Malta 9 28 +1 26 :USA United States 2 13
-2 6 :VIE Vietnam   27 +11 27 :IND India 12 13
-2 7 :FRA France   26 -4 28 :ISR Israel   12
-2 8 :SVK Slovakia   26 +3 29 :GBR Great Britain 3 12
-1 9 :CZE Czech Republic   25 -2 30 :BRA Brazil   11
-1 10 :GER Germany   24 -2 31 :DEN Denmark   10
+3 11 :MEX Mexico 6 24 -2 32 :CHN China   10
+8 12 :ROU Romania 8 24 -2 33 :TUR Turkey   9
-3 13 :POL Poland   23 -1 34 :ARG Argentina   8
+9 14 :ESP Spain 10 23   35 :IRL Ireland 1   8
-4 15 :POR Portugal   20 -2 36 :SLO Slovenia   7
-4 16 :SWE Sweden   20 +5 37 :SRB Serbia 7 7
-2 17 :KAZ Kazakhstan   18 -2 38 :CHI Chile   3
-2 18 :VEN Venezuela   18 -2 39 :BUL Bulgaria   2
-2 19 :INA Indonesia   18 -1 40 :ITA Italy   0
-2 20 :TUN Tunisia   17 -1 41 :NZL New Zealand   0
-2 21 :HUN Hungary   17 next jury: Portugal
TOP 3 standing is getting close.
And we're waiting for last points from :POR before lunch break.

:UKR has 32 points. They had 32 on the previous scoreboard, on this one they have 37. I am guessing the Greek score got accidentally stuck there. 

Edited by Vektor

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2022
Posted (edited)

:GRE and :CRO are the two countries who have waited for a Top10 placement for the longest time. Maybe this is the contest that breaks curses. :d

Edited by Vektor

1 minute ago, Werloc said:

I think that Caro Emerald will probably win for The Netherlands again.

The song is very similar to the song that she won with and there's not really any other "super" contender that would get enough points from many juries to contend as we get later into the day.

Would be somewhat surprised if anybody else took it. Unless people didn't vote for Caro on the sheer notion that this artist won before :p 

Yeah, a repeat win for :NED seems possible now.

:CRO isn't getting high points from Slavic countries with the exception of Poland. It would be kinda strange to see them win like that.

This might be the weirdest early voting so far. I have no idea who are the favorites. 

1 minute ago, Hipooo said:

And twelve points go to...................................

:CRO or :SVK 

Okay, how about this, :CRO continues to perform really well and finally has a Top10 placement at TISC (at the very least) BUT we win the match against them today at the women's handball euros? Deal or no deal, @dcro:d

I think this is one of my worst starts ever after 5 countries. I guess choosing an actual hit song from Hungary wasn't a good idea. :d

The voting is really all over the place so far. The only contant is Germany getting 7-6-5 points from almost everyone and Croatia getting high points from 3 out of the 5 juries. 

Oh boy, I will have to wait until almost the very end to vote where my votes will either be insignificant because everything will already be decided or it will be anticlimactic for everyone because I almost never vote for the winning songs. :d

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hipooo said:

I can't dare extend the deadline. I have to do Grand Final on 6th November, because I will be busy next days. I hope you send votes in time and all will be beautiful and allright :fingers::thankyou:

Don't worry, you gave plenty of time for everyone to vote (more than what I gave them at the previous contest :d). The contest should go ahead, regardless of how many users miss the deadline, especially because we wouldn't have that much time to delay anyway as the World Cup will start in a couple of weeks. 

Edited by Vektor

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, dcro said:

Well, it would be enough if the hosts are using your scripts to tabulate all scoreboards and templates. :d

I was a bit lazy when I made that. And by that I mean it's not user friendly, I would have to rework it if someone else wants to use those scripts. When I was hosting I was burned out on coding so I decided to simply use an Excel spreadsheet instead to calculate stuff. The spreadsheet calculated the results and then I exported those results to html tables via a Python script. Simple enough for me, but for anyone else it's kinda complicated for no good reason. 

Essentially I would have to write the entire logic of the voting system into a Python script that calculates everything, that would be the most user friendly solution. I should have done that in the first place for the previous contest, but oh well... I mean, it's not that hard to do, I just never got around to do it and right now I don't have the time for it. Hopefully it will be done by the time of the next contest. 

If the host is struggling to create the scoreboards in time, they can contact me for help. I can create all the scoreboards in a couple of hours, but they would have to reveal all the votes for me before the final. Which is not ideal, but it can be an emergency solution if that's the only way we can avoid another Open 2021 situation. 

Edited by Vektor

So the Grand Final will be on Nov 6th, one week after the voting ends? I mean, it's not impossible to prepare everything in 9 days, but it won't be easy for the host, so I am just doublechecking that the Final's date is correct. 

Posted (edited)

I will have my "first round" of listening/watching the playlist in the evening, hopefully by that time we will have the Australian entry. :d Seems like a solid field of songs, probably better than last year for example? 

Edited by Vektor

Posted (edited)

With 38 songs the playlist is almost 155 minutes long, if the last 3 or 4 songs will be submitted, it will be almost 3 hours long! :d

Edit: If anyone is curious, the playlist that I made is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdPEFCBmRH5tu_TMQ5FmRA-4tbR-G3WXn

But you should obviously wait until all the songs are submitted, I will add the last few songs later. 

Edited by Vektor

35 songs in, 6 or more to go...

(hopefully 7 more, 42 would be a nice number of participants)

I have already made a playlist because I was bored and man... as I am looking at the songs in the playlist I have no idea who will win this contest. :d

1 minute ago, dcro said:

I guess the Venezuelan jury found a new loophole. Apparently one doesn't actually need to post in the thread to participate. :d

Reveal hidden contents

I guess we now know what new rule @OlympicIRL will introduce for the next contest. :lol:

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Some nations have their entries missing in the opening post (Croatia, Kazalhstan, maybe more).

Entries posted later are already there.

@Hipooo I think three already submitted songs are missing from the table. Croatia, Kazakhstan and Italy. 

We are waiting for 10 songs (or maybe more if other countries want to join before the deadline), the window closes in 12 hours and 30 minutes.

:AUS @KingOfTheRhinos

:BRA @brunamoura @titicow @vinipereira

:IND @Fly_like_a_don

:ISR @Dnl

:MLT @Glen

:MEX @mrv86

:MDA @Ionoutz24

:SLO @justony

:UKR @Illya

:VEN @Argenis Gonzalez

Posted (edited)

Btw, I think we now have the most non-European nations (17) competing in the history of the contest. The previous record was 15 (Open 2015, Annual 2019, Open 2019, Annual 2020). 

Asia (6)  :INA  :IND  :KAZ  :CHN  :ISR  :VIE 

South America (4)  :BRA  :ARG  :CHI  :VEN 

North America (3)  :USA  :CAN  :MEX 

Africa (2)  :TUN  :EGY 

Oceania (2)  :NZL  :AUS 

Edited by Vektor