Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
hckosice

Road Cycling Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

heywoodu    2,022
2 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

Sablikova goes to Rio

In the road race that wasn't a problem right? I thought the issue was whether or not she can do the ITT as well? :mumble:

DaniSRB    376
Just now, heywoodu said:

In the road race that wasn't a problem right? I thought the issue was whether or not she can do the ITT as well? :mumble:

she actually qulified in ITT but did not in road race.....now i don't know how they managed to bring her in....but i am glad that she will compete :d

heywoodu    2,022
Just now, DaniSRB said:

she actually qulified in ITT but did not in road race.....now i don't know how they managed to bring her in....but i am glad that she will compete :d

Me too :cheer:

dcro    1,756

Well, why don't they just invite everyone...

How is this fair to Lithuanian badminton player who lost her quota few weeks before Rio (qualification system said that she could lose it). Qualification systems also say that Sablikova and Greek swimmer were not allowed to compete but they got invited nevertheless...

dcro    1,756

Sweden apparently declined both of their women's time trial quotas, they should go to Poland and Luxembourg.

UCI really starting to annoy me. They published the final quotas for MTB and BMX almost a month ago. There were some changes in road cycling too, but they didn't publish anything yet.

Edited by dcro

DaniSRB    376
5 minutes ago, dcro said:

Sweden apparently declined both of their women's time trial quotas, they should go to Poland and Luxembourg.

UCI really starting to annoy me. They published the final quotas for MTB and BMX almost a month ago. There were some changes in road cycling too, but they didn't publish anything yet.

in MTB Slovenia earned 2 quotas but will use one, we still don't know who will get reallocation

dcro    1,756

So, this should be the tripartite places for men's road race.

:BOL Bolivia

:KOS Kosovo

:LAO Laos

One tripartite place was scheduled while the other two came after Sweden declined both men's quotas. UCI still didn't give us any official confirmation but this should be it.

dcro    1,756

At the end Luxembourg declined their second women's time trial quota. France and Switzerland were next in line but they both declined too.

Finally, quota went to Norway.

Edited by dcro