Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Dunadan    131
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

.. we'll have 3 sport that we'll give the European Championship medal ... 

Which sports?

Edit: 4 sports according to insidethegames: boxing, judo, badminton, canoe sprint

Edited by Dunadan

uk12points    373
Posted (edited)
Gymnastics - Rhythmic Qualification
 European Championships 2018, Guadalajara :ESP - 1-3 June 2018
fichero24964.png

Women's Individual (Top 12 athletes):

:AUT:AZE:BLR:BUL:GEO:GRE:HUN:ISR:ITA:ROU:RUS:UKR

Women's Groups (Top 8 Groups, 40 athletes):
:AZE:BLR:BUL:EST:ITA:RUS:ESP:UKR
Edited by uk12points

uk12points    373
Gymnastics - Aerobic Qualification
 World Championships 2018, Guimaraes :POR - 1-3 June 2018
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAwf75lD8tRiSGyTdCh2F

Mixed Groups (Top 8 Groups, 40 athletes):

:BLR:BUL:FRA:GBR:ITA:ROU:RUS:ESP

Mixed Pairs (Top 8 Pairs, 16 athletes):
:BLR:BUL:HUN:ITA:POR:ROU:RUS:ESP

thiago_simoes    178
2 horas atrás, uk12points disse:
Mixed Groups (Top 8 Groups, 40 athletes):
:BLR:BUL:FRA:GBR:ITA:ROU:RUS:ESP

Mixed Pairs (Top 8 Pairs, 16 athletes):
:BLR:BUL:HUN:ITA:POR:ROU:RUS:ESP

It's insane to see Great Britain on the list of qualifiers. Portugal is also kind of a surprise (even though they won a bronze medal at the European Championships a long time ago) but Great Britain is just insaaaane. How much improvement in a short time! I'm amazed!

Werloc    778

Well, European Games will never be a serious affair if it does not closely correlate with the qualification to Olympics. With swimming and rowing out, athletics with a clown fiesta format, 3x3 basketball and beach football as the team events, it is highly ridiculous and no athlete would intervene with their preparation for real events that matter.

In all honesty, if we're making a mockery out of formats of Olympic sports, I'd just say scratch the entire idea (that's awful) and just make European Games an event entirely based on non-Olympic sports. Invite dancers, air sports, climbing, fighting sports that are non-Olympic, you can have your lovely beach football on the side as well, but at the moment I see this as a waste of money, where B and C tier athletes compete for the chance of getting their name on the first page of the newspapers in their country and of course that gives us something to write about as well.

heywoodu    2,725
50 minutes ago, Werloc said:

where B and C tier athletes compete for the chance of getting their name on the first page of the newspapers in their country 

There are countries where the European Games are expected to be on the first page of any newspaper?

dcro    2,271
3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

There are countries where the European Games are expected to be on the first page of any newspaper?

Belarus and such.

• Haha 1

Werloc    778
Just now, heywoodu said:

Well, Henrikas Žustauskas that won the gold in canoe 200m. sprint is still getting credited as the European Games champion in every article even when he's being beaten by a two years younger athlete and not qualifying to the European/World championships anymore.

Of course, some may argue that Olympic changes and the removal of the 200m. may have impacted his results as he now had to make the switch to 1000m.

Xander    22

This mess, I forgot it existed ... I'm only interested because of Olympic standards. And drama/lulzes.

7 часов назад, heywoodu сказал:

Definitely not here. Sport isn't the 1st page material here for obvious reasons ... unless it's football, boxing, tennis or fencing.

heywoodu    2,725
3 minutes ago, Xander said:

This mess, I forgot it existed ... I'm only interested because of Olympic standards. And drama/lulzes.

Definitely not here. Sport isn't the 1st page material here for obvious reasons ... unless it's football, boxing, tennis or fencing.

I keep finding that so interesting. I mean...fencing on the front page of a newspaper...what?! :d 

Federer91    213
8 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Well, here could be one of the few places, where these Games are considered a big thing. :d 2015 was treated like an important event by the media, you know the European Olympics, many sports, many nations, in one place, events after events, with medals, that we can and had won (unlike the actual Olympics :d). Even today i saw somewhere a somewhat countdown article "One year till the second European Games" :p

heywoodu    2,725
1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

Well, here could be one of the few places, where these Games are considered a big thing. :d 2015 was treated like an important event by the media, you know the European Olympics, many sports, many nations, in one place, events after events, with medals, that we can and had won (unlike the actual Olympics :d). Even today i saw somewhere a somewhat countdown article "One year till the second European Games" :p

Interesting, here there's not even anything (no news, no page, nothing) about it on the NOC's website :p