website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Ah, the generation debate is back. Dividing people into separate groups because they were born a few years earlier or later. Gotta love it.

Ok Boomer.... oh wait, i'm probably boomer, oh well

a23.jpg

23 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I'm like twice as old as you and "my generation" in high school NEVER talked politics. We were more busy with cigs, drinks & chicks :toast:

Well I haven’t done the first too, and don’t plan too. The third didn’t occupy much of time, and to be honest that relationship wasn’t healthy. The only other girl I wanted to be with (since 2nd grade, who I still have feelings for to this day) dates pretty much every guy besides me. My generation is woke, what can I say. It’s also worth pointing out that I hung out with mostly “nerds”, and a fewer of the non-jock athletes. 

26 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

My sister majored in psychology and runs her own private practice now and guess what, she's gone all left-wing ever since her uni days. You're not inventing the wheel here, buddy. Even in such a racist country as Poland (by your own account) psychologists are left-wing maniacs :roflmao:

Most social science “peeps” are liberal. I think the subject matter is more suited to people that are open minded. However, there are plenty of conservatives in social science too. You’ll also find that more university graduates tend to identify as liberal rather than conservative. Conservatism is politics of fear and nationalism, and I think an education can be preventive towards those feelings. I also want to be perfectly clear, people experiences generally shaped their political affiliation more than anything else. What I’m saying is just stereotypes, and I am by no means trying to say that one side is right or wrong. I’m just offering an explanation for why social science majors tend to be more liberal.

31 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

And despite all of all, I'm OUT on the "water isn't wet" debate. Maybe it's worth the squeeze in the psychology world and everyone with a degree can think I'm just a complete moron, but it's a total waste of my time. Again, this is 21st century, people don't communicate anymore, they're only trying to sell their own vision and will never accept that they're wrong and someone else might actually be right. That's what I think of "your generation". You saying "water isn't actually wet" only confirms it. I'm OUT.

I respect your opinion, and we actually seem to have some agreements here. I would add that their are people in my generation who do know how to have genuine communication and debate. On this forum, I’m not a good example of that because I don’t have to worry about posting some of my more “extreme” viewpoints, since there isn’t really any actual consequences for that. I also do a poor job of being a good debater since I seem to be the only vocal liberal around here (maybe besides @Agger or @ofan, but I tend to debate/argue much more than they do).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

32 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Actually bro it's the other way around.   TODAY. the democracy lost.  In the senate they will win.   Trump won because he was the better candidate.   And in 2020 he will win because he will be the better candidate 

Trump won because he was the fresher of two shits :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I am aware of that :d

Although this isn't even something to be happy or not about, since it was already a 99% sure outcome. Just like the opposite one in the Senate.

Just let me have this for night pretty please :d

2 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Ok Boomer.... oh wait, i'm probably boomer, oh well

a23.jpg

Nah, improper use of the term. Example:

Boomer: The American economy is doing better than ever!

Me: scrapes my two pennies I get for working a 8 hour job at McDonalds together. “Ok, boomer”

1 minute ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

are you coming over to my victory celebration in november? it's only 60 miles, i'll even pay for the uber :d

Sure, I’ll come over to console you after a devastating loss. It’s the least I could really. :p

(Disclaimer: All statements are meant as jokes. I watch the election by myself. I work like a madman working to find the most updated primary sources for 6 hours. It’s fun, don’t tell me otherwise. Yeah for stats and politics!)

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Sure, I’ll come over to console you after a devastating loss. It’s the least I could really. :p

(Disclaimer: All statements are meant as jokes. I watch the election by myself. I work like a madman working to find the most updated primary sources for 6 hours. It’s fun, don’t tell me otherwise. Yeah for stats and politics!)

me too, way too busy working, it's usually on the tv above me

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Sure

Excellent idea, that'll save the forum page after page of the same :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Excellent idea, that'll save the forum page after page of the same :p

Just for you my special little Dutch boy, I’ll keep it to under 10 pages. Now, that’s a holiday deal if I’ve ever seen one.