website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

1 minute ago, NearPup said:

Lol what is this nonsense? The way Trump acts is a huge outlier within the US business world and a huge outlier in the world of old money. He’s famously a giant oddity within the NYC elite.

In terms of business he's doing it right, China and EU are the two biggest rivals, he openly declared war on China and lets EU crumble under it's own weight as Europe deals with the illegal immigration, lack of cheap labour and rise of political anti-establishment forces.

7 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Trump is a member of the lucky sperm club. A guy who has never heard "no" as an answer. He acts exactly like someone from high-upper class. These people think they're entitled to own the world and they are correct. People like you still judge Trump as a politican, he is not. He's a businessman who always does things his own way. That's how business and successful business works. He runs USA like a major corporation he owns. It sure helps USA is a federation, most of the stuff Trump doesn't even care about is handled by state politics and he can focus on the "bigger" things. The US President office is set up ideally for someone with a huge ego like Trump and he takes full advantage of this setting alright.

No, they are not.

7 hours ago, Monzanator said:

That's how business and successful business works. He runs USA like a major corporation he owns. It sure helps USA is a federation, most of the stuff Trump doesn't even care about is handled by state politics and he can focus on the "bigger" things. The US President office is set up ideally for someone with a huge ego like Trump and he takes full advantage of this setting alright.

Trump’s never ran a successful business. Dude must have the Guinness World Record for bankruptcies. He runs the U.S. government like a mafia boss; for his own benefit and profit.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

15 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

No, they are not.

Trump’s never ran a successful business. Dude must have the Guinness World Record for bankruptcies. He runs the U.S. government like a mafia boss; for his own benefit and profit.

Of course they are. The 2,000+ world billionaires own more than the rest 4,6 BILLION people combined! Forbes ranks Trump as 700th something so he's in this club and doing very well.

World Economic Forum says so and you're gonna question them? :p

https://www.oxfam.org/en/press-releases/worlds-billionaires-have-more-wealth-46-billion-people

As for Trump running USA as his own company I told you the federal system makes it very possible and he takes advantage of it. He's not tied to any party groups or lobbyists so he can put his ego in front of everything else like he's done his entire life. Bankrupt 7 times? Who cares? You voted him for President and Hilary Clinton wasted 20+ years of holding onto Bill's coat-tails for this clown to smoke her in the elections :lol:

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Of course they are. The 2,000+ world billionaires own more than the rest 4,6 BILLION people combined! Forbes ranks Trump as 700th something so he's in this club and doing very well.

World Economic Forum says so and you're gonna question them? :p

https://www.oxfam.org/en/press-releases/worlds-billionaires-have-more-wealth-46-billion-people

As for Trump running USA as his own company I told you the federal system makes it very possible and he takes advantage of it. He's not tied to any party groups or lobbyists so he can put his ego in front of everything else like he's done his entire life. Bankrupt 7 times? Who cares? You voted him for President and Hilary Clinton wasted 20+ years of holding onto Bill's coat-tails for this clown to smoke her in the elections :lol:

Right, and that is a big fucking problem. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

55 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Right, and that is a big fucking problem. 

Yup and that's #1 reason I don't believe social inequality will ever be fixed. That wealth gap will only grow.

And this is the USA chart from 1989-2013. The spike starts in 1996 so I suppose this is the effect of Clinton's 1996 Welfare Reform Act? But this actually widened the gap as the rich got richer more then the poor :lol: There's politics and there's reality. 2008 was of course the global crisis which stopped the growth for a while.

US_Wealth_Inequality_-_v2.png 

10 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Yup and that's #1 reason I don't believe social inequality will ever be fixed. That wealth gap will only grow.

And this is the USA chart from 1989-2013. The spike starts in 1996 so I suppose this is the effect of Clinton's 1996 Welfare Reform Act? But this actually widened the gap as the rich got richer more then the poor :lol: There's politics and there's reality. 2008 was of course the global crisis which stopped the growth for a while.

US_Wealth_Inequality_-_v2.png 

If you are trying to convince left leaning Americans that the Clinton welfare reforms were a disaster, or that Clinton was generally too conservative, you are selling way past the close.

59 minutes ago, NearPup said:

If you are trying to convince left leaning Americans that the Clinton welfare reforms were a disaster, or that Clinton was generally too conservative, you are selling way past the close.

I'm giving you hard numbers. You can't argue the maths.

And I'm not trying to convince the convinced. US society turned down the Clinton charm in 2016 without my influence :p

Senate reports on Joe Biden’s son Hunter’s many dodgy dealings with the corrupt Oligarchs, government-controlled businesses and organised crime in many nations hostile to the USA.

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/media/majority-media/johnson-grassley-release-report-on-conflicts-of-interest-investigation

What a load of bullshit! I try really hard to believe in justice, due process, our legal system, our policing system; but damn is it hard nowadays.

18 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Senate reports on Joe Biden’s son Hunter’s many dodgy dealings with the corrupt Oligarchs, government-controlled businesses and organised crime in many nations hostile to the USA.

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/media/majority-media/johnson-grassley-release-report-on-conflicts-of-interest-investigation

I am glad to know they are investigating the dealings of candidates’s children. I hope to see their report on Trump’s children soon. Oh wait...

(I am not defending Hunter Biden in any way, but I am calling this what it is “a partisan sham.”)