website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

6 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Talk about a snub of Petra Vlhová.

nah our politicians have more different worries and problems to solve in our home right now than to show off somewhere in VIP suits. She is well aware of that. everyone back in the country will cheer for Petra no worries, she is currently mega popular in the country, she would probably won easily even the presidential elections if she wanted to do it now I do believe

7 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

Only 92 countries competed in Korea in 2018, so less than half the countries that normally show up at a Summer Olympics will likely be in China.  So far, the list of diplomatic boycotts are largely confined to the Anglosphere.. USA, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand.  Only European country that has committed to a boycott is Lithuania.  We'll see if other dominoes fall there.

Emmanuel Macron said the political boycott is "insignificant" and he will attend WOG :coffee:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59599063

58 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Emmanuel Macron said the political boycott is "insignificant" and he will attend WOG :coffee:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59599063

Wonder if he'd think that if the next Olympics wasn't in France.

28 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

Wonder if he'd think that if the next Olympics wasn't in France.

I mean the US is trying to get the Winter Olympics *right now* and they still did the diplomatic boycott thing.

I honestly don't think the IOC cares that much.

14 minutes ago, NearPup said:

I mean the US is trying to get the Winter Olympics *right now* and they still did the diplomatic boycott thing.

I honestly don't think the IOC cares that much.

Yeah, "panem et circenses" is the way to go. Global politics tends to change after a while anyway and outright sporting boycotts had no lasting effects for the IOC. I mean, nobody even remembers which cities hosted the Goodwill Games :p Hell, many of these skateboarder Next Gen kids probably never even heard about Goodwill Games to begin with.

48 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Yeah, "panem et circenses" is the way to go. Global politics tends to change after a while anyway and outright sporting boycotts had no lasting effects for the IOC. I mean, nobody even remembers which cities hosted the Goodwill Games :p Hell, many of these skateboarder Next Gen kids probably never even heard about Goodwill Games to begin with.

I'm 30 and I'd be too young to have heard of the Goodwill Games if I wasn't a huge Olympics nerd.

26 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

Macron is a hypocritical idiot.

If Truml is re-elected in 2024 he will threaten at least once to ban certain countries from the 2028 games as part of some argument or war. 

Funny to hear you talk about hypocrisy dude :lol: Go make you stupid useless boycott and stop asking everyone else to follow ...