website statistics

Men's Boxing AIBA World Championships 2021

Totallympics

On the opening day of the AIBA World Boxing Championships, AIBA President Mr. Umar Kremlev met with referees and judges who have been specially selected, trained and screened prior to officiating the tournament. President Kremlev vowed to ensure a great event for all participants, with fair fights for boxers at its core......

let us wait and see .....:zip:

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Kosovo not on the startlists, so it appears the Serbian authorities stood firm on not granting them access despite AIBA's statement.

A team of refugees (labelled the Fair Chance Team) is listed... well, two of them. The second team is a one-boxer curiosity - it's Fawaz Aborode, a member of Byron Boxing Club who's come through the Scottish system over the past 4 years or so (can't find anything earlier than that on Google) and is otherwise listed as part of the Scottish team (second from right in picture below).

248401761_4661314147260612_3380043547118

I assume there was no seeding for these championships, seeing as :UZB Hasanboy Dusmatov, :KAZ Saken Bibossinov, and :COL Yuberjen Martínez share the same quarter of the flyweight draw... indeed the first two actually fight each other in the first round of 32 (!)

Asenov - Escobar again :lol: This is becoming a recurring joke. Also, i thought Asenov was going to turn profi after Tokyo. Guess the 100 k for gold made him stick for these Worlds as well.

Since, this is AIBA, there are probably no live scores... We already have our first win, from what i can see on Wiki. The new Bulgarian, The Fresh Prince of Havana Javier Ibanez gets on the board.

Matúš Strnisko won in -86kg 3:2 against Rogerio Romero of Mexico.

The next day arrived a letter to our team that after Mexican protest AIBA changed the result 2:3 in favor of the Mexican without possibility of another appeal :lol:

Our team only after asking AIBA why we were not informed about the Mexican appeal and the subsequent "investigations" at all, only then received just a official paper stating only sternly that two of the three investigating judges had changed the result of second round in favor of the Mexican. Interestingly enough the judges viewed only the 2nd round not the entire match :d

Oh man, I love this sport :lol: