web
analytics
Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

 

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to:

  • Remove the advertisements
  • Post replies and open new threads
  • Give reputation to other members' posts
  • Get your own private messenger
  • Manage your profile

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

 

Sign In | Create an Account

vinipereira

South American Games 2018

Recommended Posts

On 3/5/2018 at 00:32, thiago_simoes said:

 

Nothing at all. 24 days to go and we are not even sure if Brazil is going to send teams in gymnastics. The scandals about sexual abuse and bullying will not help matters either. I will not be surprised if we don't send any gymnasts.

Incredible........i hope that not happen.

 

By the way: which team will send brazil to this games in swimming?, Argentina will send a VERY SMALL and youth  team of only 8 swimmers.......:facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would imagine that most countries will send their A teams where Pan-American Games Qualification is concerned though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I would imagine that most countries will send their A teams where Pan-American Games Qualification is concerned though

Yes, at least in the argentinian case, all the those sports will send the A team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Em 5/5/2018 at 18:19, konig disse:

Incredible........i hope that not happen.

 

By the way: which team will send brazil to this games in swimming?, Argentina will send a VERY SMALL and youth  team of only 8 swimmers.......:facepalm:


I talked to a rhythmic gymnastics coach and she told me that there is no selection process for gymnasts because they will use the rankings from 2017. I don't know how this works, but apparently we will send teams in gymnastics, thankfully.

By the way, after the World Cup stage in Guadalajara this weekend, Argentina can expect a few medals in rhythmic gymnastics. Fainberg even finished first among South American gymnasts on clubs. Great result for Argentina after abysmal performances since 2015. Nice to see Argentina rebuilding and getting strong again in this sport.
 

Edited by thiago_simoes
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/05/2018 at 18:19, konig said:

By the way: which team will send brazil to this games in swimming?, Argentina will send a VERY SMALL and youth team of only 8 swimmers.......:facepalm:

 

I posted here, youth team with 20 swimmers.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:


I talked to a rhythmic gymnastics coach and she told me that there is no selection process for gymnasts because they will use the rankings from 2017. I don't know how this works, but apparently we will send teams in gymnastics, thankfully.

By the way, after the World Cup stage in Guadalajara this weekend, Argentina can expect a few medals in rhythmic gymnastics. Fainberg even finished first among South American gymnasts on clubs. Great result for Argentina after abysmal performances since 2015. Nice to see Argentina rebuilding and getting strong again in this sport.
 

Thanks Thiago!!, like you say, Argentina make a complete rebuild after the retirement of Carrasco Pini and Camila Giorgi, is good to see a good new generation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vinipereira said:

 

I posted here, youth team with 20 swimmers.

 

Sory, i complety forgot :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brazil is sending 315 athletes to the Games, only the 7th nation in number of athletes. The relatively small number of athletes is due to the fact we're only sending athletes for 33 of the 46 sports, and that includes only a few team sports. The main goal is to achieve qualification for the Pan American Games next year in many sports.

 

Unless something changes at the last minute, Brazil won't participate in:


Basketball
Beach Volleyball
Equestrian
Football
Futsal
Pelota Vasca
Racquetball
Speed Skating
Squash
Tennis
Volleyball
Water Polo
Waterski

 

The no participation in Beach Volleyball bugs me a little. They could send some youth pairs to gain some experience in multi-sports games.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Brazil is sending 315 athletes to the Games, only the 7th nation in number of athletes. The relatively small number of athletes is due to the fact we're only sending athletes for 33 of the 46 sports, and that includes only a few team sports. The main goal is to achieve qualification for the Pan American Games next year in many sports.

 

Unless something changes at the last minute, Brazil won't participate in:


Basketball
Beach Volleyball
Equestrian
Football
Futsal
Pelota Vasca
Racquetball
Speed Skating
Squash
Tennis
Volleyball
Water Polo
Waterski

 

The no participation in Beach Volleyball bugs me a little. They could send some youth pairs to gain some experience in multi-sports games.

 

Some of those seem odd, as they offer Qualification for the 2019 Pan Am Games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 10 minutos, Olympian1010 said:

Some of those seem odd, as they offer Qualification for the 2019 Pan Am Games

 

Which ones? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...