website statistics

Wrestling UWW European Championships 2017

Federer91

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

well, I wonder what people in Egypt feel about this ! Tarek Abdelsalam just won the gold medal for Bulgaria. he was already a good wrestler but apprently training in Bulgaria made him much better, he wrestled for Egypt less than 2 years ago in Worlds 2015 I wonder how come they let him switch the country this soon !!

Appearently he came to Bulgaria and worked at restaurant!

people from Egyptian federation said he is not talented

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DaniSRB said:

i think they should add rule like in judo.....you need to score to win........i don't like these points for passivity.....this can be very manipulated by judges........they should fight until someone scores....eventually someone will manage to push opponnet from mat at least

and honestly i don't understand who was more active and who less......to me it seems like they push each other....they need to make it easier for people who don't know any rules :d

that's why Judo is more popular despite being more boring. mostly because rules are much clear in Judo. I'm no expert in Judo but I know the penalties very well, they are easy to understand.

but in Greco-Roman I have hard time to understand the cuations despite following wrestling very closely for years. sometimes they give cautions to your opponent if you push more, sometimes they cautuon the wrestler with head down, there is no consistency. it mostly depends on the name of the countries. if you watch a whole tournament you rarely see they penalize the Russian in close matches, or the host nation. the system is corrupt and the rules are good for those corrupt refs to do whatever they want.

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

that's why Judo is more popular despite being more boring. mostly because rules are much clear in Judo. I'm no expert in Judo but I know the penalties very well, they are easy to understand.

but in Greco-Roman I have hard time to understand the cuations despite following wrestling very closely for years. sometimes they give cautions to your opponent if you push more, sometimes they cautuon the wrestler with head down, there is no consistency. it mostly depends on the name of the countries. if you watch a whole tournament you rarely see they penalize the Russian in close matches, or the host nation. the system is corrupt and the rules are good for those corrupt refs to do whatever they want.

They're dependent on the refs, that's why non of us know the exact criteria. I don't think there's a way to nulify ref's influence in wresting, unfortunately.

Edited by Майкл

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

this is what i hate the most......don't know if i should feel happy because of medal or sad because of opponent

17 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

Appearently he came to Bulgaria and worked at restaurant!

people from Egyptian federation said he is not talented

:lol: i can't find words to say , this federation is among the worst ones in Egypt , they just didn't care about him when he got injured and this proves to me that Egypt has many good talents that're waiting for good training conditions to boom

5 minutes ago, Майкл said:

They're dependent on the refs, that's why non of us know the exact criteria. I don't think there's a way to nulify ref's influence in wresting, unfortunately.

the rules from 2005 to 2012 were much less dependent on the refs but unfortunately they were depended a lot on luck and ball draw. those rules were bad but fair at least. the current rules (with par-terre of course) are much better but only and only if the officiating is fair which is not nowadays. even with those rules we still had something like Minguzzi-Abrahamian match and much more.

this is easy. they have to fight corruption but they don't. not sure if you watched the Olympic freestyle matches on the last day. the officiating was shameful, they had to act and banned some high degree referees just to calm everybody.

actually 3 other wrestlers from Egypt who particpated in Rio travelled to USA including Haithem Fahmy Mahmoud in men's -59 Greco , they're working in super markets right now , but i wonder will this guy for instance represent USA in Tokyo or not

Edited by thepharoah

1 minute ago, thepharoah said:

actually 3 other wrestlers from Egypt who particpated in Rio travelled to USA including Haithem Fahmy Mahmoud in men's -59 Greco , they're working in super markets right now , but i wonder will this guy for instance represent USA in Tokyo or not

this is really shame, I always hate it when athletes switch countries to win medals for somewhere else than their homeland. that guy Haithem is talented too. remember him had a close match with our legendary Sourian in his prime days.

with how things work in USA, they will surely give him chance to represent the USA in international competitions

7 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

:lol: i can't find words to say , this federation is among the worst ones in Egypt , they just didn't care about him when he got injured and this proves to me that Egypt has many good talents that're waiting for good training conditions to boom

that's really a pitty :(