website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

vLEijWh.png

swhip.gif

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

While I was looking at SEA News Channels and Broadcasters (for 2019 SEA Games streams), I came across multiple news stories about this kid:

Dude would kill it on this forum :p. He’d only need to learn a few more languages to be able to communicate with everyone. People claim he speaks 16 languages, but I think there’s a catch. He can sell in 16 languages, but I think he only fluently speaks Khmer, Mandarin, and maybe one or two more. Still very impressed either way. I speak English (y un poco de español :d). I do know a few Latin and French phrases here and there. I found I can handle some Tagalog and Portuguese too because of their similarities to Spanish. I’ve always wanted to learn Cherokee and Icelandic.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just popped in my mind, @Griff88 how did you come to learn English. Your English is incredibly good and always understandable to a native speaker. I’m just curious how you got to be so good (obviously practicing here on the forum helps, but it’s clear you’ve been instructed well).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

3 injured, gunmen dead after shooting at Pearl Harbor.

I mean, they've upped their defenses in the past 78 years...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 dead after armed robbery shootout in middle of rush hour traffic.

4 dead after another shooting at a Naval Base.

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

4 dead after another shooting at a Naval Base.

Well the plots thickens here, supposedly the shooter was from the Saudi military, and it may have actually been a terrorist attack.

US House of Representatives voted to restore and strengthen the Voting Rights Act today. Only one single Republican thought that everyone should be allowed to vote ?.

The US House has passed Gun Reform, Healthcare Expansion, Voting Rights, etc. and the US Senate will not pass any of it. This is the damage Trump can indirectly do @heywoodu. 8 years of stalled social reform, that was already stalled during the 8 years of Obama’s presidency because Republicans wouldn’t vote on it then either. We’ve essentially had 2 decades without any social reform, and we’ve let other critical programs be halted because they’ve become partisan issues. Those are dangerous conditions we’re making. This is the only reason I might actually find myself leaning towards Bloomberg, just to “flip the bird” to the US political system.