website statistics

Men's Football CONMEBOL Copa América 2019

vinipereira

Lol conmebol is so obvious. Messi protested about the referees last game and today they sent him off for NO reason. 

Also our federation sent a protest letter to them during the week for the robbery against Brazil and the argentine referee who is the highest rated in south america (was in the world cup final) won't whistle the final. Very obvious punishment for the protest hahaha.

32 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Lol conmebol is so obvious. Messi protested about the referees last game and today they sent him off for NO reason. 

Also our federation sent a protest letter to them during the week for the robbery against Brazil and the argentine referee who is the highest rated in south america (was in the world cup final) won't whistle the final. Very obvious punishment for the protest hahaha.

Do you remember the match with Brazil in 1995 and "the hand of Tulio", probably that case was worst than this.....well, Brazil is the obvius champion of this tournament.

Why do you guys think there's a "robbery" going on? I don't trust CONMEBOL, and I don't trust CBF either, but why bother fixing results in such a competition with low importance for Brazilians? I mean, the Copa America title is worth nothing in Brazil, really, since people never care about this competition. Brazilians only care about the World Cup title. Everything else is just small and unimportant, and the mostly empty stadiums are clear signs of how little the Copa America means around here (of course the tickets are also too pricey, but a gigantic number of people simply don't care about this event). Besides, the level of the competition seems to be quite low, so it's almost inconceivable for me to think about fixed results.

Anyway, I believe Messi was deservedly sent off, and it takes balls for the referee to do this. Of course most people will complain because Messi has an almost unstained record when it comes to red cards, but I would have sent him off too if I were the referee.

Edited by thiago_simoes

The referee of the match of Brazil and Argentina was localist, im not talking about robbery in this case, for me Brazil had A BIG FIFA HELPS in the times of Havelange, with Blater that change....but Brazil still being the local country and, before this tournament, im 100% sure of the title of Brazil.

I'm not saying the same as konig. I'm not saying the referees are pro-Brazil, I said they have been anti-argentina (for political reasons or whatever). 

Today's red card is ridiculous. No referee sends off players for a little chest bump. Many don't even show yellow card and just talk the players down. What this guy did is a circus act. 

Edited by LDOG