website statistics

Men's Football CONMEBOL Copa América 2019

vinipereira

hace 1 minuto, thiago_simoes dijo:

I only watched the last 20 minutes of the match. If Argentina was screwed by the VAR, this is a huge shame.

The second goal of Brazil starts directly from a possible foul and penalty on Agüero (he gets triped by Dani Alves inside the area). Few minutes later there was a clear elbow of Arthur on Otamendi during a corner. 

The first one is debatable (I think it is a pen though). The one of Arthur is an scandal. It's unbelievable that VAR didn't even ask the ref to watch it. 

Anyway, my consolation is that I got perfect prediction points from this. 

13 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

I'm not a fan of football, but I like Messi and he deserves better. It's terrible that he failed to win a major tournament with the national team once again.

we are having Copa America almost every year, Messi finally has to win it at some point :d or they will make it twice a year, one in summer, one in winter.

13 hours ago, LDOG said:

The second goal of Brazil starts directly from a possible foul and penalty on Agüero (he gets triped by Dani Alves inside the area). Few minutes later there was a clear elbow of Arthur on Otamendi during a corner. 

The first one is debatable (I think it is a pen though). The one of Arthur is an scandal. It's unbelievable that VAR didn't even ask the ref to watch it. 

Anyway, my consolation is that I got perfect prediction points from this. 

At this point, each side says what's best for them. In Brazil, people say that Agüero intentionally stepped on Daniel Alves' foot before he was elbowed, so they think Agüero should have been sent off and no penalty occurred at all. I believe this specific case is open for debate, but in the end it's all part of the game, I guess.

Argentina has Messi, so they shouldn't be grasping at straws once again after not reaching the final. In my opinion, Argentina needs a new coach, someone who is able to completely change the mood of the players and control their clashing personalities.

hace 10 minutos, thiago_simoes dijo:

At this point, each side says what's best for them. In Brazil, people say that Agüero intentionally stepped on Daniel Alves' foot before he was elbowed, so they think Agüero should have been sent off and no penalty occurred at all. I believe this specific case is open for debate, but in the end it's all part of the game, I guess.

Stepping on a foot isn't an "auto yellow", especially not if you don't even see who you're stepping on (Aguero didn't see Dani Alves in any moment, he was looking the other way while running).

I don't think the coach should go now. The team started to play better last two games and he has found a formation. Changing coach would be starting all over again and there aren't any real great options available for the job. I think he should stay, at least until next year's tournament. 

4 hours ago, MHSN said:

we are having Copa America almost every year, Messi finally has to win it at some point :d or they will make it twice a year, one in summer, one in winter.

Well, after the next year's edition, we should only have Copa America each 4 years, unless CONMEBOL changes its mind again - which wouldn't surprise me one bit :p

18 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

I'm not a fan of football, but I like Messi and he deserves better. It's terrible that he failed to win a major tournament with the national team once again.

Copa America is being hosted by Argentina and Colombia next year. This will be a good opportunity for Messi to win a title with Argentina.

The last 20 minutes of the first half were disgusting. I was all in for Argentina's revenge, but things didn't turn out to be very pretty. Chile and Argentina couldn't help but fight all the time, Messi was sent off, arguments erupted every five minutes... I know there's a lot of money to be earned by finishing third, but it's disgusting to see players fighting each other instead of playing football. Even when Brazil was 7-0 behind Germany at the 2014 World Cup, our players never resorted to violence or tried psychological tricks on German players.