website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

Just here for the popcorn. Also, winner should be decided by pistol duels. KO-format, the survivor hosts.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m not sure that is true about Mexico or Serbia. All I can say is that we should the positivity of interaction with other users as a factor as well.

This might be the case sometimes, but let's be honest: every single user who has shown interest can very easily be called an active member of our wonderful community. I'd miss any single one of them if they were to delete their account or lose the pistol duels or something. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just my two cents:

1) I do agree that first time hosts should be given better odds in the selection process; after all, is always nice learning more about cultures and places.

2) I would like to see a shorter, quicker version of @OlympicIRL game to determine the winning bid. I always found them entertaining enough, although I agree that in some ocassions they can be to long.

3) I liked the suggestion by @dcro to have previous host put an "extra effort" to win the game. 

Edited by mrv86

I'm probably just going to do a random draw on http://www.randomresult.com/

To give the first time bidders an extra chance, they could have two entries each in the draw and the previous hosts will have one entry each.

Algeria

Algeria

Croatia

Croatia

Mexico

Serbia

If anyone has any other suggestion let me know or if anyone wants to conduct the draw themselves.

Random draw :sleep:

Then again, I can only imagine how much work the other formats and games are, so a random draw might be a lot easier :lol:

By the way, if a random draw is conducted, it might be a bit much to give first time bidders exactly double the chance of the other two (1/3 against 1/6). I'd say it should be at least a bit closer, like 28% for the first time bidders and 22% for the other two.

Just now, heywoodu said:

By the way, if a random draw is conducted, it might be a bit much to give first time bidders exactly double the chance of the other two (1/3 against 1/6). I'd say it should be at least a bit closer, like 28% for the first time bidders and 22% for the other two.

At the last bidding first timers also had double chance nominally.

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

At the last bidding first timers also had double chance nominally.

Didn't like that neither.