website statistics

Biathlon 2021 - 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

9 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

I understand it so:

- No Russian/Belarus Athletes in Otepää anyway 

- Start for them under neutral flag in Kontiolahti and Oslo (so far), if the IBU invites them 

Over in the skating thread they’re saying that the Norwegians are not letting Russians enter the country, so I imagine it’s the Russian Cup for the rest of the season.

21 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Over in the skating thread they’re saying that the Norwegians are not letting Russians enter the country, so I imagine it’s the Russian Cup for the rest of the season.

This is all going to end up at CAS. 

5 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

It’s not a sporting matter but a political decision. They’re probably not letting any Russian passports in.

CAS have gotten involved in these decisions before. Depends on how the contracts for the tournaments have been drawn up. The Olympics has clauses preventing countries banning entry on nationality grounds. There is also the other issue that Russia could argue at CAS that  ranking points are being denied on nationality grounds. It could get very messy if they push it and we all know Russia loves going to CAS. 

5 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

Looks like there will be no Russians in Kontiolahti or Oslo:

https://www.nordicmag.info/les-biathletes-russes-quittent-la-coupe-du-monde-0226/

It’s a bit confusing but it sounds like CAS action is set to happen. 

Hey, I'm here for the post-Olympic sauce.

It is quite common that there are a lot of retirements after Olympic years, so I was wondering perhaps anybody has heard anything from their teams?

Wikipedia says Weger, Puskarčikova and Dunklee as of now.

I think Lithuania could have some possible retirements as well after this tough year.

32 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Hey, I'm here for the post-Olympic sauce.

It is quite common that there are a lot of retirements after Olympic years, so I was wondering perhaps anybody has heard anything from their teams?

Wikipedia says Weger, Puskarčikova and Dunklee as of now.

I think Lithuania could have some possible retirements as well after this tough year.

Wierer, most likely...

she said she is going to take her decision during the Summer break, but I think in her heart she's already made her choice...and I fear it's not the one all of her fans would like to know...