website statistics

Archery Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

mrv86

1 minute ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I guess they failed to reach the MQS, previously, World Archery was more lax, but I guess rules are rules.

But then again, World Archery has a long-standing tradition of waiving that rule. So why stop now?

But more to the point, MQS in archery is literally arbitrary and arguably too tough (same as in dressage). Chadian athlete has proven himself at the African qualifier, by progressing far and eliminating several athletes, and yet he still doesn't get to go? It's as if World Archery is half-admitting that the current elimination system is too much driven by luck.

And now, both in archery and dressage, emerging nations are being replaced by pretty useless European lower-tier athletes (who themselves will be hard-pressed to achieve anything better than the athletes that got removed in their favor).

Oh well, at least the fact that this* happened in more than one sport gives me hope about some changes to come...

* Admittedly, Brazil really got removed from dressage for nothing else but re-defining the word "stupid". But still...

#banbestmen