website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing 2021 - 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

Mika passed her on the track, but that's ok. On to the finish now.

P5p6OuN.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Finish!

pa0QjzM.png

Now we wait and see who comes up to destroy the points, but if nothing crazy happens at the very least she should stay ahead of Duda in the Brazilian internal ranking.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Bruna 285.80

Duda 288.05

Mika 290.48

In other words, instead of trying to control the damage, she managed to actually gain a couple of points :hyper:  Which brings the total points in the ranking at the moment to the following, with everyone now being 100% certain of having 6 valid races.

sQ8Kjcj.png

With Nove Mesto, Sjenica and Ravna Gora to go (depending on whether or not things are cancelled) in January. A few main points in this list:

- Jaque will stay ahead of everyone, we can take that as a certainty

- Mika has a bit of room to improve in the classic races and some room in the sprint races, depending on the points and such in January

- Duda has a bit of room to improve in the classic races and two good chances to improve in the sprints

- Bruna needs only one of the three classic races to be decent in order to drop 300-350 points in one go, and has decent room to improve in the sprints

So far, so good.

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

Ravna Gora? Interesting. Maybe I should attend since it is only about 40 min drive from my place. :p

Does Ravna Gora means Flat hill ? I am assuming from similar-sounding words in Slovak languages. Rovná is flat/straight and Hora is Hill :d

27 minutes ago, dcro said:

Ravna Gora? Interesting. Maybe I should attend since it is only about 40 min drive from my place. :p

I have no doubt that would be SUCH a huge morale boost, and it is also going to be the absolutely last and deciding event for the Brazilian selection, so there is serious stuff at stake! :d 

Apparently Nove Mesto is cancelled. The coach has doubts about Serbia and Croatia "because snow can disappear quickly there", but it's nearly a month to go, so...bit too early to draw conclusions on that :lol: 

Anyway, if there are no more races for them, the tickets - according to Brazilian federation's own rules - are for Jaque and Bruna :d