website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

14 hours ago, hckošice said:

Important parliamentary elections today in :BUL & :FIN

Good luck guys, choose carefully :)

Looks like the party's over for Sanna Marin. Probably needed more of those party clips after all :p

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65157357

26 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Looks like the party's over for Sanna Marin. Probably needed more of those party clips after all :p

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65157357

She came across as very relatable and quite genuine (at least to me). It was nice to have youthful, progressive leader on the world stage. 

It looks like pretty damn close battle to form a government for either of the three major parties.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

She came across as very relatable and quite genuine (at least to me). It was nice to have youthful, progressive leader on the world stage. 

It looks like pretty damn close battle to form a government for either of the three major parties.

Not for the first time a politician popular on the international scene stumbles when faced with some less than flashy real-life problems. Given Finland's NATO U-turn, alleged economy problems (nobody wants to hear about the COVID excuses anymore) and obviously the next chapter of Russian imperial wars it's not that surprising the Finnish society voted for someone else tbh.

I know this is a touchy subject on Totallympics, but I think we can all appreciate the Slovakia joke :p

Q: How does NATO help the U.S.? 
A: Americans can sleep well at night knowing Slovakia is watching over them.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela