website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

9 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

It's a by-product of progressive or liberal people being offended by just about anything in return. We live in the entitlement era after all. I tell you, if this was some LGBT show taken down, social media would be burning with anger right now and HBO would be forced to apologize in public. Sweeping Gone with the Wind under the carpet like it's no censorship doesn't hold much ground.

Gone With the Wind will be back though. It’s not gone forever. It’s just having a prompt about historical context added to it. The same could/should be done for other films. 

I’m going to refrain for this discussion further, as it detracts from the more important issues we’re dealing with at the moment.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

gubay lenin :bye:

And hello Hitler :p 

eX7wT1X.png

And just to be as clear as possible on that: no, I do not exactly think Hitler was a good guy who should be honored.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Which is why I almost literally said statues of people who did nothing but be involved in stuff like slave trading only have a place in a museum, where people actively go to learn about history and stuff - people really aren't going to a museum to 'honor' someone.

That’s perfectly fine, and a fair solution. I’m just not crying a river about the one’s being rightfully treated either.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

That’s perfectly fine, and a fair solution. I’m just not crying a river about the one’s being rightfully treated either.

It will however be a little hard to place Mount Rushmore, the Jefferson Memorial or the Washington Monument in a museum, that might be a bit of a thing. Any suggestion on how to deal with those?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It will however be a little hard to place Mount Rushmore, the Jefferson Memorial or the Washington Monument in a museum, that might be a bit of a thing. Any suggestion on how to deal with those?

honey i shrunk the kids candy GIF by Trolli

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

honey i shrunk the kids candy GIF by Trolli

I wonder if there'll be any reason left to ever set foot in the Dakota's then :p (you know, apart from it not being densely populated which is a great advantage in itself)

12 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Gone With the Wind will be back though. It’s not gone forever. It’s just having a prompt about historical context added to it. The same could/should be done for other films. 

I’m going to refrain for this discussion further, as it detracts from the more important issues we’re dealing with at the moment.

If USA hasn't learned a history lesson some 160 years after the Civil War, they will never learn it IMO. Just how long can you wait? :dunno:

I can understand most US people think Africa is a country but re-education on Civil War and slavery in 2020? Like really? What have you been doing the past several decades (other than fighting wars in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq & Afghanistan)? :p

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I wonder if there'll be any reason left to ever set foot in the Dakota's then :p (you know, apart from it not being densely populated which is a great advantage in itself)

I think the Crazy Horse Memorial is a damn good reason. 

Nope, I’ll always be a city boy. I enjoy being in rural areas, especially the mountains, but I’ll always have a special place in my heart for the city.

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I think the Crazy Horse Memorial is a damn good reason. 

Nope, I’ll always be a city boy. I enjoy being in rural areas, especially the mountains, but I’ll always have a special place in my heart for the city.

I'd say I'll visit the Crazy Horse Memorial when it's finished, but I haven't found the Elixir of Life yet.