website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

8 hours ago, Monzanator said:

He doesn't have much idea about the Commonwealth of Poland-Lithuania. He probably means the Italian wife of our king Sigismund the Old.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bona_Sforza

Yeah that is certainly not enough in order to say that Poland was ruled by Italy (which btw didn't exist as a political entity in that period)

37 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

Yeah that is certainly not enough in order to say that Poland was ruled by Italy (which btw didn't exist as a political entity in that period)

Well nothing really existed in certainty in that period besides France, Spain, GB. Eastern Europe was just a bunch of loosely connected kingdoms among somewhat murky ethnic lines. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well nothing really existed in certainty in that period besides France, Spain, GB. Eastern Europe was just a bunch of loosely connected kingdoms among somewhat murky ethnic lines. 

Dude, you were the one who said that Italy ruled over Poland, not me.

6 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

Dude, you were the one who said that Italy ruled over Poland, not me.

I was referring more to Venice I guess. They had a lot of influence over that region

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I was referring more to Venice I guess. They had a lot of influence over that region

You have absolutely no idea what are you talking about. If a native Italian & a native Pole can't convince you how wrong your are then it's useless. Stop pretending you know anything about who ruled Poland and when :finger:

Venice ruling over Poland? :wall:

53 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

You have absolutely no idea what are you talking about. If a native Italian & a native Pole can't convince you how wrong your are then it's useless. Stop pretending you know anything about who ruled Poland and when :finger:

Venice ruling over Poland? :wall:

Poland ruling over Poland :wall:. I’ll admit I’m a bit rusty. I passed out of College history by my junior year old high school. I fact I was one of 100 best kids in geography and history knowledge in California. It’s not like I tested into an elite top 1% category or anything...

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Poland ruling over Poland :wall:. I’ll admit I’m a bit rusty. I passed out of College history by my junior year old high school. I fact I was one of 100 best kids in geography and history knowledge in California. It’s not like I tested into an elite top 1% category or anything...

Commonwealth of Poland-Lithuania was more racially diverse than you can ever imagine (and not exacly a loose kingdom as you describe it) but sadly the Russian Empire began rising to power again and fuelled the Cossack Uprising of 1648 which marked the beginning of our downfall. The Cossacks later sided with Russia but were promptly supressed and disbanded in 1775 once they became expandable (after Russia gained control of the Crimea & Black Sea). This had a long-standing impact on history all the way until Ukrainian nationalists siding with the Nazis during WWII.

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I think this counts as improvement https://twitter.com/i/events/1157211647141769216

Sure, although it's terribly sad this still has to be considered news.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Sure, although it's terribly sad this still has to be considered news.

Yes, yes it is. It’s still better than yesterday though, so any improvement is good improvement.