website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2021

Totallympics

What an exciting race that was :hyper:

Ponsiluoma world champion with a perfect race :bowdown:

I would've never put a bet on Desthieux, I'm so happy he won this medal! He was very emotional during his interview on French TV.

Another French on the podium and another one 6th, and Guigonnat in the top 15, it feels like last season again!

Great result for Jake Brown :cheer:

What a good day :d

4 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

Great result for Jake Brown :cheer:

12th place.. much improved over last year when the top finishing American in the sprint was outside the top 40.  Definitely great to see

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

What's up with Germany entering such athletes? So weird.

Bad skiing times ...

1. Bö J (NOR) 22:33.3
2. Dale (NOR) +21.6
3. Jacquelin (FRA) +25.1
4. Fillon Maillet (FRA) +26.7
5. Bö T (NOR) +31.1
6. Samuelsson (SWE) +32.7
7. Ponsiluoma (SWE) +32.8
8. Doll (GER) +33.4
9. Latypov (RUS) +37.8
10. Kühn (GER) +38.3
11. Loginov (RUS) +39.5
12. Destheiux (FRA) +41.2
13. Nelin (SWE) +49.2
14. Guigonnat (FRA) +49.5
15. Laegreid (NOR) +49.8
30. Peiffer (GER) +1:15.1
64. Lesser (GER) +1.53.6

Lovely race. It was weird listening our commentator, who was talking about Norwegian disaster, yet they are all in top 10. German team is main dissapointment, for me final ranking is not such a surprise, maybe only which Swedish athlete won. 

And Slovenia ? Team effort is good, all four are in pursuit, but sadly no major upset, Fak is well behind the best, even with 0 on the range he would be only around 15th.  

Somehow it is better than on last WCH. Believe it or not, this is first time since 2007, that all four athletes qualified for pursuit, which is good for our relay, which will be aiming for at least top 8.

1 hour ago, dcro said:

What's up with Germany entering such athletes? So weird.

At least he is decent in cross-country. I prefer that to someone like Hettich who couldn’t even medal if everyone else would miss 2 more targets than her. I think the best strategy for Germany would be to completely stop funding cross-country and to redirect all the best talents to biathlon. The last world-class skier that Germany produced in women’s Biathlon is probably Dahlmeier almost a decade ago. Herrmann has shown that all you need in Biathlon to be successful is good skiing and a minimal amount of talent for shooting, then you can become world class even if you only start practicing shooting in your late 20s.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Ponsiluoma - Desthieux - Jacquelin won the medals.

Jake Brown 12th in the end.

Thanks, what a surprising result. Never heard of Brown before and tought that Desthieux already retired. How old is that guy?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.