website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2021

Totallympics

9 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I wish Poland was doing well with a German coach (Michael Greis) too :p

I think you are asking too much ... even for Greis the polish team is a hopeless case.

I think if you only care about results and have no problem with doping, you should try to get Pichler.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Absurd skiing time by Eckhoff once again. I hope that IBU will start breaking the Norwegian dominance, sadly I have no hope that they will change anything until their product is dead.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I think you are asking too much ... even for Greis the polish team is a hopeless case.

I think if you only care about results and have no problem with doping, you should try to get Pichler.

Would be cool if Kamila Zuk didn't look so awful this season. The gap between her and Davidova is widening with every season. I mean, Zuk won European Championships gold but yeah, it's not 2000 when Poland was excited with such a result.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

Absurd skiing time by Eckhoff once again. I hope that IBU will start breaking the Norwegian dominance, sadly I have no hope that they will change anything until their product is dead.

Norway enjoyed such a skiing advantage for years now. It's that Frode Andresen and Lars Berger couldn't hit 5/5 to save their lives before :p

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Norway enjoyed such a skiing advantage for years now. It's that Frode Andresen and Lars Berger couldn't hit 5/5 to save their lives before :p

I think back then it was only one of their athletes at best, now you have 2 or 3 on every side. Also no one cared when Berger dominated cross-country but never won any races. One nation dominating is bad for the sport/product.

Edit: Also Eckhoff isn’t exactly a sharper shooter but still wins tons of races. I fear that biathlon will turn into a second cross-country.

4 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

So what would you suggest? Increasing the penalty loop to 250m ?

1 minute ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

So what would you suggest? Increasing the penalty loop to 250m ?

Cross-country should have less weight -> Longer penalty laps/shorter races in general. I am sure there would be a lot of other options, maybe you could for example make the targets smaller or increase the distance to the targets (not sure how expansive that would be?).

2 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Cross-country should have less weight -> Longer penalty laps/shorter races in general. I am sure there would be a lot of other options, maybe you could for example make the targets smaller or increase the distance to the targets (not sure how expansive that would be?).

It will go the opposite way with TV calling the shots so shorter penalty loops in the individual and super sprint crap. Skiing will be even more important going forward and that plays exactly into Norway's hands. I just hope they keep the individual event in tact for the next 10-15 years :p