website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 News

6 hours ago, Fer GUA said:

A little late, but :GUA NOC just announced the prizes our medalist will get

Adriana Ruano Gold  about US$387,000

Jean Pierre Brol Bronze about US$161,000

in addition the coach for gold medal will get US$96,000 and for bronze US$40,000

image.jpeg

Dear Lord, I'm always surprised how massive the prize money is in countries outside of my own :d 

Of course a country like Guatemala doesn't have to divide it between that many athletes, but still. Awesome.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Dear Lord, I'm always surprised how massive the prize money is in countries outside of my own :d 

Of course a country like Guatemala doesn't have to divide it between that many athletes, but still. Awesome.

In Portugal :POR the "unofficial prize" is to be invited to multiple football tv shows and then as the football season starts (as it did) to jump directly into oblivion (as they did... ).

Also this is only valid for one of gold medallists. All the other three medallists (one gold, one silver and one bronze) never even got invited to radio/tv... i guess the new signing of benfica is what matters ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I was told that Great Britain, Sweden, Norway and New Zealand pay no prize money to Olympic medalists.

38 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

In Portugal :POR the "unofficial prize" is to be invited to multiple football tv shows and then as the football season starts (as it did) to jump directly into oblivion (as they did... ).

Also this is only valid for one of gold medallists. All the other three medallists (one gold, one silver and one bronze) never even got invited to radio/tv... i guess the new signing of benfica is what matters ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In fact the Madison Gold Medallists are being punished by having to do six hours a day of hard manual labour for the benefit of a gang of Belgians for the next three weeks.  :wacko:

Edited by Grassmarket

5 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

In fact the Madison Gold Medallists are being punished by having to do six hours a day of hard manual labour for the benefit of a gang of Belgians for the next three weeks.  :wacko:

Yeah i'm gonna need some context here :lol: i thought iuri was in germany for the tour for this next days 

55 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Oh that must be why :POR wins like 0.5 gold medals per Olympics :P

1 minute ago, NearPup said:

Oh that must be why :POR wins like 0.5 gold medals per Olympics :P

6 gold medals in 128 years of Olympics. 

Only this year we got more medals (total of all time) than… Michael Phelps….

so yeah, that is the reason why. Football mania from people, and most of all, the media. Everything goes around Benfica/Porto/Sporting in that country

:POR has been investing more into other sports or at the very least their athletes are getting better. While this was still technically their best Olympics ever, I thought they were actually unfortunate and could have won more medals this time around.

Egyptian table tennis champion and 2024 Olympics quarter-finalist. Omar Assar, publicly exposed how the national table tennis federation hindered his and his teammates’ medal prospects.

In an interview with talk show host Amr Adib on 12 August, Assar highlighted how Egypt’s Table Tennis Federation (ETTF) derailed the national team’s preparations for the 2024 Paris Olympics through a series of questionable actions.