website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Team Sizes

13 minutes ago, dcro said:

@thepharoah?

Or the wild card - @MHSN? :d

while I understand basic Arabic I'm not "that good" at it :d fortunately we have Arabic speaking users here to help

btw it doesn't say anything about being Wild Card or not.  it just says some guys are going to Tokyo :d

:TGA Tonga 6

Athletics 1

Swimming 2

Taekwondo 2

Weightlifting 1

https://matangitonga.to/2021/06/25/six-athletes-bound-tokyo-olympics

:SYR Syria 6

Athletics 1

Equestrian 1

Swimming 1

Table tennis 1

Triathlon 1

Weightlifting 1

http://sana.sy/en/?p=240384

:BDI Burundi 6

Athletics 3

Boxing 1

Swimming 2

http://akeza.net/coup-de-gueule-de-francine-niyonsaba-le-cno-sexplique/

5 hours ago, Benolympique said:

188 its official ?

The information is on the :RSA NOC website and describes it as the final team. It doesn't quote any numbers, just the names of the athletes. The total I've given is a result of my addition and should be checked by someone else to make sure I've got it right.

29 minutes ago, Nickyc707 said:

The information is on the :RSA NOC website and describes it as the final team. It doesn't quote any numbers, just the names of the athletes. The total I've given is a result of my addition and should be checked by someone else to make sure I've got it right.

Benolympique hold fire on this. I realise I've miscounted the number of artistic swimmers by 7 reducing the total to 181. The numbers you have add up to 183 but the number of swimmers on the team appears to be 15 not 17 excluding the two marathon swimmers which you have recorded separately.

11 minutes ago, Nickyc707 said:

Benolympique hold fire on this. I realise I've miscounted the number of artistic swimmers by 7 reducing the total to 181. The numbers you have add up to 183 but the number of swimmers on the team appears to be 15 not 17 excluding the two marathon swimmers which you have recorded separately.

:RSA South Africa - 181 (2 Artistic Swimming - 35 Athletics - 11 Cycling - 2 Diving - 2 Equestrian - 32 Field Hockey - 18 Football - 3 Golf - 2 Gymnastics  - 1 Judo - 6 Rowing - 3 Sailing - 12 Rugby Sevens - 4 Skateboarding - 1 Surfing - 2 Sport Climbing - 17 Swimming - 4  Triathlon - 24 Water Polo)

it's correct ?

2 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

:RSA South Africa - 181 (2 Artistic Swimming - 35 Athletics - 11 Cycling - 2 Diving - 2 Equestrian - 32 Field Hockey - 18 Football - 3 Golf - 2 Gymnastics  - 1 Judo - 6 Rowing - 3 Sailing - 12 Rugby Sevens - 4 Skateboarding - 1 Surfing - 2 Sport Climbing - 17 Swimming - 4  Triathlon - 24 Water Polo)

it's correct ?

Those figures look good to me Benolympique. I've found a newspaper report from the day the full team was announced.

https://www.news24.com/sport/othersport/olympics2020/tokyo-olympics-full-squad-team-sa-brings-largest-ever-contingent-to-japan-20210706

The only problem is they say the team is 185 strong but they have included the reserves. However, there appear to be 5 reserves - football 2, rugby 7s 1, water polo 2 - so there is a slight discrepancy, i.e. 181 v 180 after deducting the reserves but that may simply be a mathematical error on the part of the journalist. It would have helped if the SA NOC had given numbers themselves instead of leaving it for others to work out. Bottom line is I think 181 is correct but if anyone wants to analyse the team list they are welcome to do so.

28 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

it's correct ?

Okay, finally sorted out the discrepancy. The SA NOC have listed track & field athlete Shaun Maswangawyi TWICE in their list. So you need to reduce the Athletics total from 35 to 34 and the total from 181 to 180. This will then tally with the newspaper report of 180 (185 - 5 reserves). :champion:

17 minutes ago, Nickyc707 said:

Those figures look good to me Benolympique. I've found a newspaper report from the day the full team was announced.

https://www.news24.com/sport/othersport/olympics2020/tokyo-olympics-full-squad-team-sa-brings-largest-ever-contingent-to-japan-20210706

The only problem is they say the team is 185 strong but they have included the reserves. However, there appear to be 5 reserves - football 2, rugby 7s 1, water polo 2 - so there is a slight discrepancy, i.e. 181 v 180 after deducting the reserves but that may simply be a mathematical error on the part of the journalist. It would have helped if the SA NOC had given numbers themselves instead of leaving it for others to work out. Bottom line is I think 181 is correct but if anyone wants to analyse the team list they are welcome to do so.

you could help me find other figures on the list of missing countries, I did a tour again, I found a lot of French-speaking countries, my galley I need help