website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey IIHF World Championship 2018

hckošice

3 ore fa, hckosice ha scritto:

From heroes to zeros :(  or 9 seconds from the paradise to the hell....thats the titles from yesterdays big derby..

relive the highlights and the equalizing goal 9 seconds to go from the different emotions in Slovak and Czech TV

I watched the game on the Czech TV...Robert Zaruba is a legend...he looks like a South American football broadcasters with his yells and cries...:yikes::lol:

after Necas tied the game with just 9 seconds to go, I thought he could have an heart attack...:rofl:

p.s. and when the same Necas crushed himself into the boards I thought he could have seriously compromised his health...luckily he only got there with his arm and not with his head...

p.p.s. I'm sorry pal...it was a great game for your Slovakia, but a silly half mistake by Ciljak (who was almost pefect till there) let the Czechs save their a**es...even if it was against my prediction, at one point I started to hope that you could take the victory home, it would have been deserved because of the good organization and pride shown by your team...

I hope that tonight you can have a better outcome against the Swiss...;)

Edited by phelps

37 minutes ago, phelps said:

I watched the game on the Czech TV...Robert Zaruba is a legend...he looks like a South American football broadcasters with his yells and cries...:yikes::lol:

after Necas tied the game with just 9 seconds to go, I thought he could have an heart attack...:rofl:

p.s. and when the same Necas crushed himself into the boards I thought he could have seriously compromised his health...luckily he only got there with his arm and not with his head...

p.p.s. I'm sorry pal...it was a great game for your Slovakia, but a silly half mistake by Ciljak (who was almost pefect till there) let the Czechs save their a**es...even if it was against my prediction, at one point I started to hope that you could take the victory home, it would have been deserved because of the good organization and pride shown by your team...

I hope that tonight you can have a better outcome against the Swiss...;)

Yes, Záruba is definitely a commentator legend :dI do not know if you remember, but once he was so much yelling until he broke the technique :p

Well, what can I say, a huge shame and pity. Being 9 seconds from a incredible win which could boost enormously this youth inexperienced group to literally waste it by so stupid manner is really hard to swallow..but well, in other hand, CZE was the favorite and we did not expected points from this match, we are and have to be focused on other opponents than the Czechs, so also this one unexpected single point can be valuable in the final counting.

Thanks buddy, but I´m afraid of tonight match. Not gonna be easy tonight, the guys lost a lot of forces in yesterdays game + mentally such loss must be very difficult, and only 24 hours later we have another important maybe the most crucial and key match for us in this tourney, let´s hope the coaching staff will be able to strongly motivate the kids

By the way, that hit from Martin Necas against the boarding that seemed to knock him out cold for a second...that was hard and scary :yikes:

It was good to see him get up and skate to the bench by himself.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

By the way, that hit from Martin Necas against the boarding that seemed to knock him out cold for a second...that was hard and scary :yikes:

It was good to see him get up and skate to the bench by himself.. 

Great act from Čiliak btw, stopping the game even if we have the puck. Fair-Play award of the year for me already :yes

Just now, hckosice said:

Great acting from Čiliak btw, stopping the game even if we have the puck. Fair-Play award of the year for me already :yes

Yep, I noticed that too! I always 'love' seeing athletes care for their injured opponents (same thing in the A-League Grand Final yesterday, where Melbourne Victory's goalkeeper was hit in the face hard by a Newcastle player and two other Newcastle players were the first ones to provide some basic help to their opponent's goalkeeper). 

Ciliak and Necas are teammates in Brno by the way, aren't they? I can imagine Ciliak got truly scared seeing/hearing his young teammate take a huge hit like that. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Ciliak and Necas are teammates in Brno by the way, aren't they? I can imagine Ciliak got truly scared seeing/hearing his young teammate take a huge hit like that. 

yep they are, but he is also the guy who beat him 9 seconds to go...so I guess he wasn´t his biggest beloved person yesterday too :p but anyway, sure this looked really bad and I can imagine he was immediately extremely scared

Results after 1st Period

Group A in Copenhagen

Austria - Russia  0-3 (0-3,-,-)

09:34 Mikhail Grigorenko (Unassisted)   0-1

11:42 Artyom Anisimov (Buchnevich)   0-2

13:19 Alexander Barabanov (Mikheyev / Yakovlev)   0-3

Group B in Herning

South Korea - Canada  0-2 (0-2,-,-)

08:41 Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (Schwartz / McDavid)   0-1

17:16 Tyson Jost (Eberle / Barzal)   0-2

7 minutes ago, hckosice said:

RIP Korea

Austria is not having a great day neither. 

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Austria is not having a great day neither. 

A bit intimidating, if you consider how Russia is playing and focusing on this match at only some half gas so far :d

at least Canada is showing some interest :p