website statistics

Weightlifting 2016 Discussion Thread

PetrC.

1 minute ago, Dolby said:

by the time all these calculations will be over, we will have new list of doped lifters :p

:facepalm::facepalm:.................................. yes there are a few positives which they have not yet revealed 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

33 minutes ago, phelps said:

but will this ban start after the OG or does it mean that those 3 Countries won't take part in the Weightlifting competition already in Rio? :mumble:

I hope so, because otherwise a year ban would mean shit. World Championships are probably after that year ended I guess..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I hope so, because otherwise a year ban would mean shit. World Championships are probably after that year ended I guess..

RUS and BLR would still get to miss the Europeans. :teacher:

Though I agree, suspension means nothing if they don't miss any big event.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

RUS and BLR would still get to miss the Europeans. :teacher:

I'm sure they'll be horrified. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Russia, Kazakh and Belarus to be banned for a year from international sports events due to doping offenses. Azerbaijan, Armenia, Moldova and Turkey are the countries most at threat of being suspended also, according to public disclosures showing failed tests posted on the IWF website.  

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

So if IWF wants to stand on what they announced about banning countries wth 3 or more positive tests ,they have to ban Russia, China, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Ukraine, Armenia and Turkey for at least one year !!!