30 :ISL Iceland   II B
  31 :TUR Turkey   II B
  32 :ROU Romania   II B Q
  33 :TPE Chinese Taipei   II B
  34 :BEL Belgium   II B Q
  35 :RSA South Africa   II B Q
  36 :BUL Bulgaria   II B Q
  37 :HKG Hong Kong   II B Q

* Important to note: This is how it stand right now, but Very likely the Annual IIHF Congress will approve the increasing of the participating teams for the womens top division world championships to 10 teams, that will change the last column. in this case

teams from 1st to 10th place in this table will all play the top division,

teams from 11th to 16th place in this table will all play the Division I Group A,

teams from 17th to 22nd place in this table will all play the Division I Group B,

teams from 23rd to 28th place in this table will all play the Division II Group A,

teams from 29th to 34th place in this table will all play the Division II Group B,

and teams from 35th to 37th place in this table will stay in the Division II Group B Qualification Tournament.

The Council will take place in May during the mens IIHF world championships, and there some strong rumors that the decision will be approved unanimously

MEN'S

DIVISION I GROUP A

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

wOdgLL7zwwgsvvPDCCy+88MKLK0Gl+n9Fdof1utL

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round-Robin

DAY 1

Ukraine UKR.gif 3 - 5 HUN.gif Hungary
Period-by-Period: 1-1, 2-1, 0-3
April 22nd 2017, h. 13:30, Palace of Sports, Kyiv

HIGHLIGHTS

That first Hungarian goal.... :d

MEN'S UNDER 18

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

8OkbIolrn8FlhggQUWWGCBBRp0uv8HQ0mwnsLWDY

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Semifinal
Finland FIN.gif  (OT)2 - 1 RUS.gif Russia
Period-by-Period: 0-0, 1-0, 0-1, OT: 1-0
April 22nd 2017, h. 15:30, Poprad Arena, Poprad

Finns win semi 2-1 in OT

Utunen’s winner sends Finns to final, Russia to bronze

FIN_vs_RUS_042_Channel%20Homepage%20Slid

Toni Utunen’s one-time blast from the point gave Finland a 2-1 overtime win in the semi-final against Russia. They go to the final for the third straight year.

It was Utunen's first goal of the tournament, and it couldn't have come at a better time. It was Finland's second straight win in overtime, while Russia came into the game with two straight overtime victories. Something had to give.

The winning goal came with 2:59 left in an overtime period that had breezed by to that point without a whistle. Finland had had a few chances to win it in the extra period, outshooting Russia 6-3, and had had sustained pressure in the zone leading up to the winner. Finally, it was Rasmus Kupari down who found Aleksi Anttalainen at the near-side point. He perfectly teed up a pass across to Utunen, and his low one-time slapper through a crowd beat Maxim Zhukov.

As he has been all tournament, Zhukov was solid in the Russian net, stopping 34 of 36 shots. At the other end, Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen stopped 28 of 29 Russian attempts.

After a rather uneventful first period, in which Russia outshot Finland 9-3, the teams came out with more energy in the second. The Finns in particular, who got a big boost from three power plays in the middle frame.

Jesse Ylonen opened the scoring in the 26th minute, just two seconds before a Russian penalty was set to expire. Jesperi Kotkaniemi set up the play nicely from the boards, fed Santeri Virtanen down low and his backhand pass to the far post found Ylonen, who swept it in before Zhukov could come across.

The Finns had a golden chance to extend their lead late in the period when they had a 5-on-3 for two full minutes. That happened when Kristian Vesalainen drew two hooking penalties on the same play trying to break through the Russian defence. They got some chances, and at the end of the period the referees needed to consult video replay to see if the puck had crossed the goal line on one of the scrambles, but the second period ended 1-0.

And in the second minute of the third period - 58 seconds after returning to full strength - Russia tied it. Alexei Toropchenko led the rush down the right wing, then sent a nice backhand pass across to Kirill Slepets, who one-timed it in.

Late in the third it was the Russians who had the chance on the power play when Anttalainen cross-checked Slepets into the end boards. Despite some heavy pressure, however, they failed to score, which set the stage for Utunen’s overtime heroics.

After losing to the USA in the 2015 final and beating Sweden last year, the Finns will face one of those two teams again in this year's final. Those two teams play in the later semi-final, with the winner getting Finland and the loser facing Russia for bronze.

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

MEN'S

DIVISION I GROUP A

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Round-Robin

DAY 1

Ukraine UKR.gif 3 - 5 HUN.gif Hungary
Period-by-Period: 1-1, 2-1, 0-3
April 22nd 2017, h. 13:30, Palace of Sports, Kyiv

_Z7R5506.jpg?height=550&width=750

I wonder what sang that bald man on the right! :d

MEN'S

DIVISION I GROUP A

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Round-Robin

DAY 1

South Korea KOR.gif 4 - 2 POL.gif Poland
Period-by-Period: 1-0, 1-1, 2-1
April 22nd 2017, h. 17:00, Palace of Sports, Kyiv

_Z7R5723.jpg?height=550&width=750

_Z7R5751.jpg?height=550&width=750

_Z7R5714.jpg?height=550&width=750

_Z7R5770.jpg?height=550&width=750

_Z7R5791.jpg?height=550&width=750

MEN'S

DIVISION I GROUP A

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Round-Robin

DAY 1

Fast Koreans impress

Asians open tournament with win vs. Poland

_Z7R5704.jpg?height=550&width=750

Korea came to Kyiv to surprise and it started its campaign well with a 4-2 win against Poland.

Poland outshot the Koreans 38-22 but only managed twice to beat Korea goalie Matt Dalton. Despite the chances it was Korea’s Kisung Kim who scored the only goal of the first period at 7:51.

While the Poles were working on a comeback, the Koreans defended well and tried to be ready for fast counter-attacks. At 7:07 of the middle frame one worked out. A nice backhand shot from the right face-off dot from Sangwoo Sin went in deflected by the stick of Polish defenceman Jakub Wanacki.

To the joy of the Polish fans who travelled to Kyiv their team eventually found the way onto the scoreboard on a two-man advantage. After a drop pass from Grzegorz Pasiut it was Mateusz Bryk who beat Korea goaltender Matt Dalton on the glove side at 14:39.

Korea had a strong start into the third period and at 2:07 extended the lead. Young Jun Lee intercepted a pass, sent the puck left to Michael Swift who fed Young Jun Lee for the 3-1 goal with a top-right shot.

Four minutes later the puck was into the Polish net again. Sangwook Kim deked Polish defenceman Patryk Wajda with nice stickhandling and scored through Przemyslaw Odrobny’s five-hole.

But the Poles didn’t give up and with a shot from just after the blue line defenceman Bartlomiej Pociecha brought Poland back. But it was still 4-2 for Korea.

With 2:04 left Swift was sent to the sin bin for tripping and Polish head coach Jacek Plachta took his time-out and pulled the goalie half a minute later to play with 6-on-4 skaters but the 4-2 score remained.

MEN'S

DIVISION I GROUP A

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Round-Robin

DAY 1

HIGHLIGHTS