website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

2 hours ago, Werloc said:

90 minutes is a huge jump in time for a 10000m race :d

I could do that :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I could do that :d 

Honestly, you should be trying very hard, if you're planning to run 10000m in 90 minutes. I wouldn't know what kind of pace you would need to develop without the opportunity of stopping mid-race :d

Just now, Werloc said:

Honestly, you should be trying very hard, if you're planning to run 10000m in 90 minutes. I wouldn't know what kind of pace you would need to develop without the opportunity of stopping mid-race :d

Considering I'd mostly be walking instead of running, I'd be impressed if I'm able to do 10k in 90 minutes :lol:

My best 5k time is around half an hour and that nearly killed me :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Considering I'd mostly be walking instead of running, I'd be impressed if I'm able to do 10k in 90 minutes :lol:

Wow, same, I'm not the fastest runner myself. 5k in 30 minutes is my average, but I believe that I could possibly pull off another 5k in less than an hour with a little bit more training. Although, sometimes it tends to get awkward when people post their runkeeper times on Facebook and everybody is running faster than me :p

17 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Wow, same, I'm not the fastest runner myself. 5k in 30 minutes is my average, but I believe that I could possibly pull off another 5k in less than an hour with a little bit more training. Although, sometimes it tends to get awkward when people post their runkeeper times on Facebook and everybody is running faster than me :p

I'm sure I could do 10k in under an hour if I'd train for it, but after I did my once every 5-6 months running "training" I usually tell myself "Alright, never again, this is stupid." :p 

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm sure I could do 10k in under an hour if I'd train for it, but after I did my once every 5-6 months running "training" I usually tell myself "Alright, never again, this is stupid." :p 

Sticking through the pain and laziness is the hardest part, but when you manage to pull through it feels rewarding afterwards :d

Edit: Actually got inspired enough to go for a run right now :p

Edited by Werloc

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Not close story, but when I was in school my pb on 100m was about 13. Now is I think about 16s :facepalm::lol: I always was best or second to best in my generation in almost all distances (100, 400, 800 and 1500). Once I was second in city (3 schools) and 9. place in cross country race for all Serbian school (it was 800m).  I had 14 ( If I remeber well). We ran at Hippodrome :lol: After I finished the race I think I wanted to die (my tactics was disaster :cry:).

14 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Sticking through the pain and laziness is the hardest part, but when you manage to pull through it feels rewarding afterwards :d

Edit: Actually got inspired enough to go for a run right now :p

I'll provide the balance here and NOT go for a run then :d 

7 minutes ago, dareza said:

Not close story, but when I was in school my pb on 100m was about 13. Now is I think about 16s :facepalm::lol: I always was best or second to best in my generation in almost all distances (100, 400, 800 and 1500). Once I was second in city (3 schools) and 9. place in cross country race for all Serbian school (it was 800m).  I had 14 ( If I remeber well). We ran at Hippodrome :lol: After I finished the race I think I wanted to die (my tactics was disaster :cry:).

I'm guessing you didn't have Mo Farah-like tactics? :p