website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That's really, really sad..

On the other hand, at least it looks like that javelin scandal didn't cost her her Rio chances in the end, as she got injured in the 800 apparently.. 

I guess you could say that, but it's still a very sad occasion in her career as it isn't the first time that her results suffered due to organisation. I just really hope that she will achieve something in 2017 and leave the sport with her head held high, because that is not the way to finish such a long and brilliant Heptathlon career.

3 minutes ago, Werloc said:

No, there haven't been any talks about a possible wild card. She has already said goodbye to her Rio dreams. I still can't believe that after what happened to her at the 2012 Olympics (She is still waiting for the decision in which she would get the bronze medal at the Olympics, because the Russian was also doped and of course the doping agency that kept Skujytė for over 5 hours in the doping centre after the first day of competition when she needed to eat and rest) and now the EC with the javelin, it's hard to believe how she can still keep a smile on her face, she's a very strong woman, a commendable athlete and she will be one of my favourite Lithuanian athletes of all time, because she was really the person that developed my love for athletics back in 2004 when I was still 9 years old.

:( 

27 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Kiplagauskas, Kiplagatkauskas or Kiplagatauskys for a male. Kiplagauskienė/Kiplagatkauskienė/Kiplagatienė if married, Kiplagauskytė/Kiplagatauskaitė/Kiplagatytė/Kiplagataitė if not married would be the logical options for a Lithuanian Kiplagat :d

So in Lithuania you know that a woman is married by surname. :d

#banbestmen

22 minutes ago, dcro said:

So in Lithuania you know that a woman is married by surname. :d

Pretty much yes, some of the women might keep their original surnames or have two surnames, but that is considered "disrespectful to the man" because of customs. To be honest, it's a very stupid custom.

6 minutes ago, rybak said:

Marcin, so close :(

Btw. For Poland it would be Kiplagatowski :lol:

Marcin?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!