website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

Martina gets told he is DSQ'ed by the journalist interviewing him live on tv :(

Good quote from him though: "We have rules for a reason and if I broke them and have to be disqualified, so be it."

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 3 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

Martina is disqualified :( 

Very sad decision, but - unfortunately - the correct decision :( 

Which event?

Churandy Martina?

Please no, this would mean that the guy from Azerbaijan won gold?

German commentator just said that the two kenyan guys competing for Turkey have never been in Turkey ... (not a joke)

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, heywoodu said:

Good quote from him though: "We have rules for a reason and if I broke them and have to be disqualified, so be it."

because of flag?

Just now, heywoodu said:

I was so sad when he was disqualified in 2008. :( That was mostly because of the nation he represented though. :p

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

because of flag?

Because he stepped on the line in the first few meters (3 steps I believe)..

The Dutch federation has protested against his DSQ now, so we have to wait and see, but I really doubt they would turn back the DSQ (he broke the rules, so sad as it is, DSQ is the only correct decision..). 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Because he stepped on the line in the first few meters (3 steps I believe)..

The Dutch federation has protested against his DSQ now, so we have to wait and see, but I really doubt they would turn back the DSQ (he broke the rules, so sad as it is, DSQ is the only correct decision..). 

:facepalm:

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

I was so sad when he was disqualified in 2008. :( That was mostly because of the nation he represented though. :p

Me too! By the way, Shawn Crawford got the silver medal because of that, but the same week Crawford had the silver medal delivered in Martina's hotel room with a little note saying that Martina should be the owner of the medal. Rumours are that Martina didn't really want it anymore and said something like "you can give the medal to the girls who clean our rooms.." :p 

The only time ever we saw a non-smiling Martina basically :p