website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread

Quasit

20 minutes ago, Quasit said:

You are the only player so far to choose that variant too. :d

I'm still not sure how that is considered the more risky option, since it gives an extra lifeline :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

@Quasit I’ll go with C.

Thank you dcro, absolutely correct. :)

Pts. 500

Who did Zinedine Zidane

famously headbutt in the extra time in the 2006 FIFA World Cup final?

A: Gianluigi Buffon       B: Francesco Totti      
  C: Marco Materazzi   D: Marcello Lippi

♦                 P t s .  5 0 0                 

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Heywoodu is somewhat famously bad with names, so I’ll go with @dcro here.

I have a strong suspicion and am 99% sure about this one. Reading back, I was right :d  (and so was our Croatian friend, luckily)

Also, painful comment from the guy who is notorious for not checking how to spell a name :evil: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

I'm still not sure how that is considered the more risky option, since it gives an extra lifeline :p 

I guess most people rather have 32,000 guaranteed if they can get there. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I’d like to ask an expert, and I have an expert in mind. @heywoodu thoughts?

this is my group lifeline, but there’s only one member of the group I care to hear from.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Yeah, there you go with having ignored your Dutch expert :d 

Oh wait, this is the extra lifeline, so I am allowed to help out?

Just now, heywoodu said:

I have a strong suspicion and am 99% sure about this one. Reading back, I was right :d  (and so was our Croatian friend, luckily)

Also, painful comment from the guy who is notorious for not checking how to spell a name :evil: 

Like Olympian said, the risk is the possiblity to always crash down to the lower milestone. Some countries like Germany, Austria or Russia have that playstyle.

In Germany, a man was recently asked a question for €750,000 (gambler special with more prize money, usually €500,000, 14th question) incorrectly and lost €249,000 of the €250,000 he had at that point.