• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

The disgusting results wont stop ...

I hope that Fourcade will be stopped soon, his dominance is just ridiculous.

The only positive thing is that France will probably loose most of their gold medals next year, like they did in fencing or track cycling.

Edit: Very sad news that Kuzmina will come back, why cant she just end her career? :facepalm:

why should she end?

13 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Nah, you don't understand, it's a "disgusting" performance because of Gregory Baugé no show four years ago (makes total sense, trust me). If only, we had a good old russian/italian/ukranian/whaterver "clean" performance to save the day.

There are really people who believe that Bauge/Tamgho were clean? :yikes:

I guess one has to be french to understand that ...

Even those two are not stupid enough to test positive in training. Why should someone who is doped show up, just to get suspended for 2/4 years, if he could reduce his ban to 1 year by just not showing up? :d

Moulinet was 11th in world ranking when he got caught (only 10s behind 6th place in world ranking), for me thats world class.

Bigot was 8th in world ranking when he got caught, for me thats world class.

Livio was 5th at 2014 world championships in individual, for me thats world class.

I know that you would never admit that France has a problem, but at least try to check your facts before you try to argue with me. :yes

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

19 minutes ago, hckosice said:

why should she end?

She should be happy that she always got away until now. In 2010 she won gold in Vancour in womens sprint and silver in the pursuit. In all other sprints of the season she never finished on podium and only finished 3rd in one mass start and 3rd in one 15 km race. In 2014 she won again gold in Sochi in womens sprint, her results in 4 sprints before the olympic games were 35th, 13th and 2 x 16th. Noone can trust athletes who suddenly show huge improvements at big events.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Congrats to Austria, Landertinger and Eder clearly deserved to win a medal, although it was a pretty surprising result. Norway also needs a gold medal on the mens side, i hope that they will win gold in the relay.

8 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

She should be happy that she always got away until now. In 2010 she won gold in Vancour in womens sprint and silver in the pursuit. In all other sprint of the season she never finished on podium and only finished 3rd in one mass start and 3rd in one 15 km race. In 2014 she won again gold in Sochi in womens sprint, her results in 4 sprints before the olympic games were 35th, 13th and 2 x 16th. Noone can trust athletes how suddenly show huge improvements at big events.

well, who know.. maybe she got away untill now because al her tests after those races were clean...:mumble: but well.. you surely know more..sorry, that I bothered you. have a nice day, bye

Just now, hckosice said:

well, who know.. maybe she got away untill now because al her tests after those races were clean...:mumble: but well.. you surely know more..sorry, that I bothered you. have a nice day, bye

Of course her tests werent positive, otherwise she already wouldve been banned. For me her behaviour is very suspicious and i dont trust her. In general its much easier to get away with doping if you only compete (in top shape) at very few competitions. You can do the world cup without doping, so that you will never get caught, then you only have to dope for the big events, where you really can earn money.

Edited by OlympicsFan

41 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

There are really people who believe that Bauge/Tamgho were clean? :yikes:

I guess one has to be french to understand that ...

Even those two are not stupid enough to test positive in training. Why should someone who is doped show up, just to get suspended for 2/4 years, if he could reduce his ban to 1 year by just not showing up? :d

Moulinet was 11th in world ranking when he got caught (only 10s behind 6th place in world ranking), for me thats world class.

Bigot was 8th in world ranking when he got caught, for me thats world class.

Livio was 5th at 2014 world championships in individual, for me thats world class.

I know that you would never admit that France has a problem, but at least try to check your facts before you try to argue with me. :yes

A couple of preliminary points:

- Could you stop talking to people like they are some retarded children ?

- This is not the place to have this discussion. Our messages should probably be moved to the doping thread.

To the point:

You are actually completly missing it. I don't deffend these athletes as clean, or don't say France doesn't have a doping problem. What I'm saying is taking these few exemples to conclude than France has a deeper doping problem than neighbouring countries is absurd Because of Baugé no show four years ago or Livio's horse, you can't simply conclude that Mare Dorin is a doper and Laura Dahlmeier is not. It doesn't make any sense. This is not a logical conclusion, but simply prejudice.

There are thousands of athlets around the world the caliber of Moulinet, Bigot or Baugé and they all are getting controlled every year, yet, the vast majority of dopers (someone like Cindy Billaud who is an obvious case for exemple) are never getting caught  The efficiency of each doping control is very small. thus, these few exemples, statistically, mean nothing. To conclude that a nation have more of a doping problem than an other one, you will probably need dozens, if not hundreds of similar cases (like in Russia's exemple).

We do have a doping problem, Germany, also has one. Everybody does. And there is not anywhere enough evidence to conclude than we have a bigger one than say Germany or UK, or that french biathlon is more proned to doping than german's one.