website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

George_D

45 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

wells....she fell on her second jump.... we're lucky she won a medal at all

My point was that it wasn't an undeserved medal like this guy is indicating

8 minutes ago, wpwells said:

My point was that it wasn't an undeserved medal like this guy is indicating

umm... hard to say, she had an incredible jump in team final, and equally impressive in the first jump in the final.... but she fell on the second..... she probably deserved the silver just for the first jump but she in no way deserved a gold.....

anyway maroney kind of went insane after, if you want check out a podcast where she talks candidly about usa gymnastics and all that, GymCastic podcast episode 187, it was right after she announced she wont be going after a rio spot

vor 8 Stunden schrieb juddy96:

Douglas only made 1 final, 3rd currently in Uneven Bars

Sorry, i dont quite get what you want to tell me ... ?

Is it about Douglas not making all around final? I am sad for her, but she was just too bad on floor to beat Raisman.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Maxim Fastovsky:

Also looks like after everything that our officials try to do for gabby she still didnt make the all around final and it will be simone and ally!

I still dont get why officials should have preferred Douglas. In my opinion it wouldve been best to allow everyone to make the all-around and then the best will qualify anyway. Its the same with the german team. If Schäfer and Alt wouldve been allowed to do the all-around, they probably wouldve made the final instead of Seitz and Scheder.

I have to say that i am really sad for Schäfer, she was very close to make 2 individual finals (floor and beam) + she was "robbed" of the individual all-around final.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb wpwells:

It was a joke that McKayla Maroney got silver and not gold. Get a grip, dude.

Ok ... dude ... if you say so then it must be true.

I guess they should have given her the gold even before the competition started? Its really an insult that other gymnasts even dare to compete against the american gymnasts.