website statistics

2024 Olympics - Day 16 (August 11)

Well the Olympics are officially over.

Super fun sharing memories and discussing all of the various Canadian results with all of you. :yes

Swear to god though, I never want to see a New Balance or RBC Training Ground ad again after this.

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

Super fun sharing memories and discussing all of the various Canadian results with all of you. :yes

Swear to god though, I never want to see a New Balance or RBC Training Ground ad again after this.

OR SOBEYS :hairpull:

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

Hopefully I’ll be seeing some of you during the Paralympics in a couple of weeks! I know that’s not everyone’s “cup of tea” per say, so if not, as a reminder the Olympic qualification period for Milano-Cortina 2026 is ramping up soon as we’re less than two years away from the next Olympics! 

Just now, intoronto said:

Same, but they own Food Basics, so ill be boycotting that brand :p 

Honestly the only ad that worked for me was reminding me that Poker Face is on CBC Gem. 

23 minutes ago, Josh said:

I really didn't Ozempic the commercials, they didn't Ozempic in my mind. I don't Ozempic any Ozempics, maybe because Ozempic. Ozempic Ozempic my Ozempic if Ozempic. 

Can’t really complain about McIntosh being selected as one of them, given the incredible Olympics she’s had, but I can’t help but feel sad that Black never got her opportunity. No Olympic medals, but an incredible athlete, has all of the values of a person that want to be representing your country, not to mention that this could be her final Olympics.