website statistics

2024 Olympics - Day 16 (August 11)

26 minutes ago, Josh said:

Summer McIntosh and Ethan Katzberg have been named as the closing ceremony flagbearers. 

Obviously they told Summer a couple of days ago as she was in Toronto.  Is there a rule about when you have to leave the olympic complex?  So many athletes leave before the end of the Games  Also, Summer went home on Tuesday to Canada by plane maybe I don't understand but that's a lot of travelling to have to fly out again probably Friday?  Unless there was some family thing she had to attend you would think she would have just stayed in France?

Just now, Skater Boy said:

Obviously they told Summer a couple of days ago as she was in Toronto.  Is there a rule about when you have to leave the olympic complex?  So many athletes leave before the end of the Games  Also, Summer went home on Tuesday to Canada by plane maybe I don't understand but that's a lot of travelling to have to fly out again probably Friday?  Unless there was some family thing she had to attend you would think she would have just stayed in France?

She flew to Paris overnight, according to Devin Heroux, so I think they told her recently.