website statistics

Team GB Daily: Day 8

1 hour ago, KingKunta said:

That relay won’t medal. Would have been confident with Peaty. Absolutely not with Wilby

That 4x400 looks solid as well. Obviously our A team would be strong gold contenders but I’d have never expected MHS or Dobson to give it a go.

Richardson is guaranteed a medal in the boxing at least after all the robberies of the women. Helps the medal tally and another sport that picks up a medal! 

Well done to him! A poor Olympics for Britain's boxing team but sports will have ups and downs and the funding (dare I say the F word 🤣) needs to reflect that.

I hope the sport is reformed (seems to have lost its way in every way since it tried to be more like the professional sport) and stays part of the Olympics because it has produced many a great moment down the years (and many a controversy to be fair). 

The three year cycle was against us boxing wise with none of the tokyo team returning, hopefully a few of this team have their eye on L.A. But i wouldn't be that gutted if the sport wasn't in L.A, give MMA a chance instead! 

Great that we got a medal, and he COULD really make a name for himself if he was to be our only Boxing gold medallist 

Yeah, my worries about boxing are more related to the ongoing drama of the governance of the sport than anything else.

The mixed medley went about as well as could be expected. A cynical person might argue that it was being used as nothing more than a tryout for Duncan on the fly leg ahead of tomorrow.

16 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

Yeah, my worries about boxing are more related to the ongoing drama of the governance of the sport than anything else.

The mixed medley went about as well as could be expected. A cynical person might argue that it was being used as nothing more than a tryout for Duncan on the fly leg ahead of tomorrow.

On that basis, how'd he do? Didn't look anything special but I've not seen splits.

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

On that basis, how'd he do? Didn't look anything special but I've not seen splits.

51.61. Not as quick as Joe's split in the mixed medley heat (51.37) but quicker than his split in the men's heat (51.67). Obviously both quicker than Jimmy, even with a rolling start to be taken into account for Joe/Duncan.

Not sure there's a definitive best answer. Duncan was very much in the wash in the mixed medley, which shouldn't happen in the men's to the same extent and might make his split better. So that might influence it. But I don't think it will matter that much. A bronze is within reach but probably still unlikely.