website statistics

Team Ireland Daily Diary at the Paris 2024 Olympic Games

A busy hour or so for some of the less fancied Irish competitors. Mullen is going to produce a very decent finish in the time trial, won't medal but will exceed expectations. Liam Jegou has sneaked through to the semis in his event. Only three eliminated at this point, Jegou looked sloppy in both runs and was lucky to survive. Madison Corcoran unfortunately DFL after her first run. And Dean Clancy, who I rated as probably our tenth best hope out of our 10 boxers after the draw has gone out in R32 v Jordan. 

Mixed results but it's enjoyable viewing all the same.

Edited by Cosmo Kramer

5 hours ago, Ogreman said:

Whitlock 15.166 and Nedoroscik 15.200 will both be safely through.

15.000 has been bettered than 5 so far. No margin of error for Rhys tonight 

General question - are travelling reserves added to the total team number if and when they compete? I noticed that both our travelling reserves in Rugby 7s were moved up to the main squad by the end of the tournament and saw game time today. Would bring our team size to 135 if so.

11 minutes ago, Cosmo Kramer said:

General question - are travelling reserves added to the total team number if and when they compete? I noticed that both our travelling reserves in Rugby 7s were moved up to the main squad by the end of the tournament and saw game time today. Would bring our team size to 135 if so.

I don’t. We won’t discount the 400m runners who won’t run in the heats or any hockey players who don’t get on the field so stick to the official quota numbers for me