website statistics

Team USA at Paris 2024

Olympian1010

Both of our first matches today are against France. I guess it makes sense, we’re quite the partners with France in hosting.

France vs USA in Rugby in 25 minutes! 
France vs USA in Football in 5 hours!

On both fronts a win would be an outstanding result.

Unfortunately Rugby Sevens has been a let down for quite a few years, basically since the last olympics, but because of the tie we will get to the quarter finals most likely, unless they lose to Uruguay, which they might do

On 7/24/2024 at 1:04 PM, Maxim Fastovsky said:

ok WTF! on a computer i cannot go back on peacock or nbcolympics to the beginning of the stream for rugby!

Question, curious, what exactly happened?  I ask because I was able to go back to the beginning of the handball streams today on my PC, even if the match was close to over.

1 hour ago, Triplecast said:

Question, curious, what exactly happened?  I ask because I was able to go back to the beginning of the handball streams today on my PC, even if the match was close to over.

That's basically what happened, i went to watch yesterday's rugby, and it was a long stream with all the 12 matches, and i was unable to go back all the way to the start, but on the phone i was able to, not sure about the tv.

Also today i wanted to watch the handball game, but they didn't post the replay until about 2 hours after the game was over, i really hope it will not happen once the action begins on saturday

If you were trying to watch the stream whilst the event was still live, I know Peacock sometimes doesn't let you go back more than 2/3 hours when it is happening live. I've encountered that a few times before now. When the full replay is posted online it works fine for the whole thing.

1 hour ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

That's basically what happened, i went to watch yesterday's rugby, and it was a long stream with all the 12 matches, and i was unable to go back all the way to the start, but on the phone i was able to, not sure about the tv.

Also today i wanted to watch the handball game, but they didn't post the replay until about 2 hours after the game was over, i really hope it will not happen once the action begins on saturday

1 hour ago, Epic Failure said:

If you were trying to watch the stream whilst the event was still live, I know Peacock sometimes doesn't let you go back more than 2/3 hours when it is happening live. I've encountered that a few times before now. When the full replay is posted online it works fine for the whole thing.

Epic Failure - I think you are spot on.  I encountered that during the Tour de France, sometimes I wouldn't turn it on on Peacock until about 5 hours into the race, and it would only go back so far.  Maxim was watching a 6+hour stream of rugby, so similar problem.  Fortunately, handball matches are only 1.5 to 2 hours.  

Another thing about Peacock, which should seem obvious, and that is when the live stream ends, no matter where you are in the event, the stream stops and you get the message that replay will be posted soon.  So I've rewound the handball match, I'm at about the 45 minute point in the match, and then suddenly without warning it stops.

7 minutes ago, Triplecast said:

Epic Failure - I think you are spot on.  I encountered that during the Tour de France, sometimes I wouldn't turn it on on Peacock until about 5 hours into the race, and it would only go back so far.  Maxim was watching a 6+hour stream of rugby, so similar problem.  Fortunately, handball matches are only 1.5 to 2 hours.  

Another thing about Peacock, which should seem obvious, and that is when the live stream ends, no matter where you are in the event, the stream stops and you get the message that replay will be posted soon.  So I've rewound the handball match, I'm at about the 45 minute point in the match, and then suddenly without warning 

It's what Peacock does. They do it with wrestling too.    I didn't know about TDF since I'm on the west coast I watched it later in the day.  But it will be horrible.  Thank God the main events are on the regular channels so I will probably go a lot to regular broadcast TV since YouTube TV will record every event on every channel.   Also no chance of spoilers

Also we can try out nbc olympics app or nbcolympics.com

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• With past precedence, a sport not in thr top 2 tiers will likely find it hard to add another discipline without dropping event. For ex. Canoeing in Paris.
    • I'm sure Kata is very historically meaningful, but it's not sport. Lots of dancing is very ritualised too. Still not sport.
    • Ok but the kata is not dancing, are a sequence of pre-established movements which have centuries and is one of the pillars of most martials arts, i cant simply equalize with an street dancing. In kata, i watch a martialist looking for make perfection, in breakdancing i watch a dancer trying to make the best choreography for a judge.
    • Is there anyone out there tracking countries that have met the Alpine Olympic standard already? There have been enough SAC races for it to be possible I think.
    • Karate obviously has lots of problems with officiating. and WKF itself is not a great organization either (most of their rule changes are dumb) but the scoring basic is very simple with only 1 or 2 rare situations.    I know in past IOC (under previous IOC presidents not the current dictator) asked WKF to find a solution, using helmets or something like that to avoid situation like the last Olympic final. and I remember WKF used it for few tournaments around 2000 (1998 Asian Games for example) but nobody (specially the athletes) didn't like it, they dropped the idea.   I totally understand Kata looks very very boring, (as boring as Surfing in my opinion) but that's the heart of karate. even if WKF is allowed to pick 1 event for the Olympics, they will pick Kata  (team kata is much better though)
    • Cross-country is a long standing WA ask. Handball was never going to get Beach, Gymnastics would defo want tumbling, but possibly prefer double mini or trampoline synchro to acrobatic. High diving SHOULD get in and Archery would be better looking at field events, but may be satisfied with the five it has.
    • Worth noting that MMA was once more or less known as 'no holds barred', the most brutal form of combat sport....but almost immediately, certain holds and techniques were barred! Eye gouging, fishhooking and, more important for this discussion "small joint manipulation" - i.e torture submissions based on breaking fingers and toes. Holds that work in te real world...but are unacceptable in the sport. Any martial art that becomes a sport compromises - what do you think boxing gloves are?   My problem with karate is following the scoring and understanding what scores and what doesn't. The action itself looks interesting, but its hard to read a context.   Under no circumstances whatsoever should we see fierce growling and staring at invisible people - Kata - ever return to the games - the only event more shambolic that B-girl Raygun. What next, Haka?
    • I can understand if they don’t have the multi-events and the walks on the athletic programme, but no javelin? 
    • That was never a controversy for anybody who has watched this sport for an hour.   in Judo you can win by strangulation or something but you can't break the neck I assume.  that's the same with kicking (or punching) to the head in Karate, you can kick but you can't kick with maximum force. that's the first thing they teach you in Karate. the very first thing.