website statistics

Team GB Full delegation announced

just a horrible sickening blow to the team. I'm trying to tell myself from an individual stance Glamourdale is potentially the stronger medal prospect for GB, and maybe the team can still contend for a minor medal behind Germany but can't believe this has happened.

Agree with the above sentiments, why release a 4 yr old video the week of the Games, if you want to raise an issue of animal mistreatment (which is absolutely fair to do, and the correct thing) then raise it immediately so it is dealt with. I suspect the comments about the elite end of dressage which MP outlines above is probably quite accurate.

I agree with the sentiment posted

”I lost my temper and did something I shouldn’t have” is far better than “Yeah but this is normal in dressage, what’s the big deal?”

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

5 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

I agree with the sentiment posted

”I lost my temper and did something I shouldn’t have” is far better than “Yeah but this is normal in dressage, what’s the big deal?”

Indeed. The latter puts the sport at risk - even if it might be closer to the truth.

there are many in the Olympic movement who are genuinely uncomfortable with any animals being used in sport, and certainly Olympic sport - leaving aside the expense of horse sport and the perception of it as an elite, white sport - the animal welfare aspects of it are becoming more and more controversial - even riding a horse AT ALL is anathema to some who brook no arguments about how the animals are bred for it and would die out without it - see also, cattle re veganism. It's the same urge that questions the existence of things like the Grand National.

i hold my hand up as someone who doesn't really care about Dressage as a sport, while admiring the abilities, and worrying about the welfare. As someone I suspect cares very, very deeply, Dujardin (and Hester) will know what needs to be done to avoid worse damage for the sport - if nothing else, Dujardin probably has a training career to save.

1 minute ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Indeed. The latter puts the sport at risk - even if it might be closer to the truth.

there are many in the Olympic movement who are genuinely uncomfortable with any animals being used in sport, and certainly Olympic sport - leaving aside the expense of horse sport and the perception of it as an elite, white sport - the animal welfare aspects of it are becoming more and more controversial - even riding a horse AT ALL is anathema to some who brook no arguments about how the animals are bred for it and would die out without it - see also, cattle re veganism. It's the same urge that questions the existence of things like the Grand National.

i hold my hand up as someone who doesn't really care about Dressage as a sport, while admiring the abilities, and worrying about the welfare. As someone I suspect cares very, very deeply, Dujardin (and Hester) will know what needs to be done to avoid worse damage for the sport - if nothing else, Dujardin probably has a training career to save.

She probably knows the lottery is thinking about removing all funding for the sport. 

Just now, Orangehair43 said:

She probably knows the lottery is thinking about removing all funding for the sport. 

Will you quit with this crap. There is no suggestion of that, that is not the issue.

What is your obsession with making up funding stories?

18 minutes ago, RussB said:

just a horrible sickening blow to the team. I'm trying to tell myself from an individual stance Glamourdale is potentially the stronger medal prospect for GB, and maybe the team can still contend for a minor medal behind Germany but can't believe this has happened.

Agree with the above sentiments, why release a 4 yr old video the week of the Games, if you want to raise an issue of animal mistreatment (which is absolutely fair to do, and the correct thing) then raise it immediately so it is dealt with. I suspect the comments about the elite end of dressage which MP outlines above is probably quite accurate.

Have they even confirmed Becky Moody is actually taking her place? 

‘The film was taken four years ago and has been brought to light by a whistleblower, who has hired a Dutch lawyer to bring the case into the public domain. A media outlet in the Netherlands is believed to have obtained the video.’

7 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

‘The film was taken four years ago and has been brought to light by a whistleblower, who has hired a Dutch lawyer to bring the case into the public domain. A media outlet in the Netherlands is believed to have obtained the video.’

Well that’s a bitter pill to swallow if it’s the Dutch given they have a rapist on the team. No matter what she’s done to the horse I doubt it’s worse than that.