website statistics

2024 Olympics - Day -2/-1/0 (July 25-27)

https://www.tsn.ca/soccer/canada-s-men-s-and-women-s-soccer-teams-have-relied-on-drones-and-spying-for-years-sources-say-1.2153674

It appears that Soccer Canada has been using drones to spy on opponents of both the men’s and women’s national teams systematically dating back several years.

Bev Priestman has been sent home for the Olympics by the COC.

2 minutes ago, NearPup said:

https://www.tsn.ca/soccer/canada-s-men-s-and-women-s-soccer-teams-have-relied-on-drones-and-spying-for-years-sources-say-1.2153674

It appears that Soccer Canada has been using drones to spy on opponents of both the men’s and women’s national teams systematically dating back several years.

Bev Priestman has been sent home for the Olympics by the COC.

Clearly I’m in the minority regarding the matter, but let me just say this. First of all I’ll just start off by saying I’m not defending her or anything, she probably knew the drone footage stuff was going on and chose not to stop it, but a suspension seems a bit harsh IMO. Unless she asked for the footage herself (which to my knowledge, she hasn’t), I feel like a couple game suspension would’ve been enough. And since it’s been going on for years even with the men’s national team, I don’t think that’s the case. 

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Clearly I’m in the minority regarding the matter, but let me just say this. First of all I’ll just start off by saying I’m not defending her or anything, she probably knew the drone footage stuff was going on and chose not to stop it, but a suspension seems a bit harsh IMO. Unless she asked for the footage herself (which to my knowledge, she hasn’t), I feel like a couple game suspension would’ve been enough. And since it’s been going on for years even with the men’s national team, I don’t think that’s the case. 

What is likely to happen, rightly or wrongly, is that quite a few people are going to get fired.