website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Ceremonies

5 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

In my case... i'm a bit tired with Polish sports. With such levels i won't sacrifice more than two weeks of no-sleep in LA and Brisbane. So my biggest adventure comes to a small end, but sure i expected more being raised on 1988-96 achievements. Coming back to this at 59...hell no. But it was worth it in general. 

In Rio and Tokyo I didn't watch many things in the late night timezone (by CET), only selected things I was interested in. The rest from internet replays.

With regards to 1988-96 results in case of :HUN I could have stopped long ago, as we had 11 gold medals and 23-30 medals back then (Seoul and Barcelona) - everyone knows we are not going to match that maybe ever 

6 minutes ago, Josh said:

Waking up at 10:00pm, so two hours before the action started for me, left me with a lot of time to do things before midnight (when the Olympic grind begins) :d

Used it to prepare my snacks and drinks (at least for the first few hours), eat meals and clean up, take a shower, scroll on Totallympics, and get some exercise in.

You're a significantly more disciplined man than I am, hat off to you :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, orangeman said:

My excuse is that I hurt my back (playing paintball) on the same day of the OC. Sitting around watching the Games probably hasn't helped, though. 

Ouch, yeah paintball shots do hurt like hell :d

I can say this from experience too, my friends and I went paint-balling a couple of times, and each time we did it shirtless since well… good question. You only live once though, am I right? Never again, my chest and back and aching for days, not to mention all of the welts and bruises. It was fun though. 

3 minutes ago, pdr4332 said:

In Rio and Tokyo I didn't watch many things in the late night timezone (by CET), only selected things I was interested in. The rest from internet replays.

With regards to 1988-96 results in case of :HUN I could have stopped long ago, as we had 11 gold medals and 23-30 medals back then (Seoul and Barcelona) - everyone knows we are not going to match that maybe ever 

When it comes to sport i'm Poland-crazy. Sydney was still acceptable but since Athens...when i also started my grown-up life (work etc) it's a one hell of misery in fact. Putting relationships at risk for nothing, partly because of London losing the most important one. Hungary is at another level, i'd risk with yours. I am do or not do type. If we are back to 20 medals 5 golds level...i will be back too. 

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

Well, not the best closing ceremony, I got bored many times.

Did it lasted 3 hours so Léon could walk all the way to the stadium??? Hahaha

Glad to see the TV broadcast gave about 3 seconds to the tiny :GUA delegation. 

Still have the Paralympics in a couple weeks!

GUuemYmWQAA2GNA.jpg

13 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

When it comes to sport i'm Poland-crazy. Sydney was still acceptable but since Athens...when i also started my grown-up life (work etc) it's a one hell of misery in fact. Putting relationships at risk for nothing, partly because of London losing the most important one. Hungary is at another level, i'd risk with yours. I am do or not do type. If we are back to 20 medals 5 golds level...i will be back too. 

Oh yes I understand. Personally I would not put relationships etc at risk because of the Olympics (good example an old friend living abroad was here on visit until this week and last week one evening we went to meet up - not for a second I cared that the OG is on)

Now I work in flexible time but if I had a job with 3 weeks vacation under absolutely no circumstances would take 2 weeks to watch the OG.

On the other hand I probably watched more international results live than Hungarian ones (I saw live the hammer throw part of the pentathlon and the gold medal by Milak) the rest from replays. 

I’ve been waiting 7 years for that hand off ceremony. Good acts, some nice shots of the city, Tom Cruise was fun. However, it didn’t inspire pride in my hometown beyond our musical pedigree. 

8 minutes ago, Book said:

I’ve been waiting 7 years for that hand off ceremony. Good acts, some nice shots of the city, Tom Cruise was fun. However, it didn’t inspire pride in my hometown beyond our musical pedigree. 

Pride? Eh, hard to have pride when you know how much homeless people we have to clean up.   I believe they will find a way but It will be an uphill battle

4 hours ago, Book said:

My second name is "policy of truth". It will be difficult for LA to top Paris. Maybe impossible. You shouldn't try it, not that scale. Only NY could try, maybe. Just focus on what is possible. Of course the same to Brisbane. Paris, Rome, London and Athens are generally above the scale also in Europe. 

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it