website statistics

Archery WA Final World Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

54 minutes ago, chinmoy said:

What is now India women team chances ?? Are they qualified seeing today result or there is complications 

They will probably qualify a team through the ranking. About 90% chances imo. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, phelps said:

what a disaster for :ITA :facepalm:

not that it comes unexpected, but it still hurts :hairpull:

It seems that the form was prepared for the European Championship. There, Germany unexpectedly lost to the Netherlands in the 1/2 and we lost our chances of advancing to Paris. Here It was bad from the beginning: poor qualifying and the drama with Iran in the 1/8. If we won, China would be 1/4 anyway... The chances of moving up in the rankings are 1%, because India and Indonesia got too far away. Pity. However, I prefer the men's team with QO, which we have a chance to win a medal, than the girls' team, which are simply too weak.

Edited by copravolley

2 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Yes, every team qualified today already had an individual, so in total 8 spots are still for grabs.

but what if two archers from one NOC advance to the quarterfinal ? India for example

If I read it correctly finishing in top 8 of the individual event is mandatory anyway. in that case the quota will be reallocated to the next athlete in the "individual ranking", not the 9th place in the FOQT, right ?

3 hours ago, MHSN said:

but what if two archers from one NOC advance to the quarterfinal ? India for example

If I read it correctly finishing in top 8 of the individual event is mandatory anyway. in that case the quota will be reallocated to the next athlete in the "individual ranking", not the 9th place in the FOQT, right ?

That’s the part I don’t understand either.

Let’s see what World Archery decided, and also, if they will enforce that all archers obtain the MQS.

9 hours ago, MHSN said:

Yeah but still she has to win two knockout matches . and she has a bad track record of not controlling her emotions in crucial moments.

back in Asian qualifier, in her last shot she was just a 7 (if I'm not wrong) away from the quota but completely blew it. 

8. But still very disappointing. 

Posted (edited)

Does sb understand what Is FIQT?

I see there two results in qualification.

Is it qualification for individuals which is without nation which already has qualified at least one athlete?

Edited by stepansevs