website statistics

Winter Olympic Games French Alps 2030 Sports Programme

13 hours ago, Josh said:

Sorry but this is the stupidest idea I’ve ever heard… putting in 3x3 hockey (which doesn’t even have its own World Championships or anything like that) over telemark skiing, ice cross, and freeride skiing… :sick:

This is coming from a big fan of hockey. Curious as to what @hckošice @phelps @Epic Failure @copravolley@Topicmaster1010 think though?

Shhhhhhhhhhhh.... 

Gold medal for Canada

6 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

We have SkiMo at Olympic? We have only the circus, with the sprint.

Give us the REAL SkiMo, thanks.

well, that's true, but at least we have something...hopefully in 2030 they will extend the schedule to the classic race (I doubt they will ever make the vertical race Olympic), instead of adding new senseless leisure time activities :bones:

10 hours ago, Jur said:

I'm pretty sure that the only purpose for UCI to created Snowbike Events was to get in the Winter Olympics

Captura-de-pantalla-2024-02-12-a-las-9.3

And considering next winter Olympics are in France, David Lappartient is president of both UCI and french NOC and IOC candidate..... I think it's a done deal.

And considering Lappartient is basically known as having 'Conflict of Interest' as his middle name....yeah.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 hours ago, NearPup said:

It would be a complete disaster quotas wise. The winter games already have too small of an athlete quota for the current program.

Plus losing one of the classic winter sports in Nordic combined would be yet another disaster. Like it's not going downhill faster than Marco Odermatt already.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Plus losing one of the classic winter sports in Nordic combined would be yet another disaster. Like it's not going downhill faster than Marco Odermatt already.

Is it confirmed or are FIS and other stakeholders just in talks???

Nordic Combined isnt a big loss. A widely umpopular sport consisting of mixing more popular sports that doesnt really hook anyone.

I rather had his quotas go to SkiMo or Cyclocross, to be completely honest

5 minutes ago, Jur said:

Nordic Combined isnt a big loss. A widely umpopular sport consisting of mixing more popular sports that doesnt really hook anyone.

I rather had his quotas go to SkiMo or Cyclocross, to be completely honest

I genuinely wonder if ski mountaineering is honestly more popular in terms of audience. Cyclocross quite certainly isn't :p  Although I believe the season is about to start, so Belgian TV will be busy making it look big again :d 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2024 at 9:00 PM, Josh said:

Sorry but this is the stupidest idea I’ve ever heard… putting in 3x3 hockey (which doesn’t even have its own World Championships or anything like that) over telemark skiing, ice cross, and freeride skiing… :sick:

This is coming from a big fan of hockey. Curious as to what @hckošice @phelps @Epic Failure @copravolley@Topicmaster1010 think though?

Completely dumb and unnecessary.

Something that bothers me about 3x3 hockey as a new discipline is that it's a lot more similar to the "main" version of the sport than 3x3 basketball or beach volleyball.

Heck, it's so similar that it's used as a tie breaker regularly in regular hockey!

From a Canadian standpoint it would basically be who are the best overtime players and goallies who didn't make the A team on both the men's and women's side (on the women's side it would probably straight up just be the B team)

Edited by NearPup